Chapter 4: Mystic Falls.

*Vivians POV*

I packed a bag full of necessary clothes. No clue how long I would be staying at Mystic Falls, so I played it safe. The drive was long and boring so I made a few stops to have some harmful human fun, keeping up my blood intake. If i'm going to have any chance at killing Esther then I better be fit and healthy to do so. It's Safe to say that Marco will be getting an unpleasant surprise if he has told me the wrong information. I smiled to myself, just to imagine feeling pretty again, being able to see myself in the mirror, feeling normal and being able to converse with others. 1000 years of suffering, of being a hermit. It would all be over soon. I could finally love again. Esther was going to pay. I am going to drag her death out. The pain she caused to me 1000 years ago in Eastern Europe, all that anger, i'm going to unleash hell on her. If the witches from the other side [dead witches] think they can help take part in her fate, they can think again. I am going to thrive on the moment I rip her heart out from her chest.

I let out a long satisfying breath as I reached the town of Mystic Falls. Stopping the car I stepped outside, grabbed my bag from the backseat and locked everything up. I needed a place to stay, there should be a vacant house somewhere. Lets just scope the town first, see where everything is, after all it had been over 2 centuries since I last visited. The council was still in tact. Bloody founding families always got on my nerves. Keeping my head down I sat on a bench under a massively large tree in the middle of town just across from the Mystic Grill, to see if anyone caught my eye.

"Hello there!" a girls chirpy voice pierced in my left ear. 'crap...' i thought. I quickly turned to her, looked in her eyes and compelled her: "you will forget you ever seen me after this conversation". She looked dazed but nodded and carried on. "Well the Mikaelson family are new in town and are having a welcoming party at their house, here" she passed me an invitation. People seem to be inviting anyone to these social gatherings. "Thank you, now run along". With that she was gone. The note read:

"Please do the honour of attending The Mikaelson's party tonight.

8 o'clock."

Looked like I needed a dress. And fast.

I compelled a couple that were planning on selling their home to give me it for free. I was thinking about sticking around for a while, the place gave me a vibe that said 'home' . I was debating on whether attending the party at 8 or waiting till 10, when all the little humans would be gone. If i leave it till 10 I could make a grand entrance and it would be easier for me to get Esther's death over and done with. I managed to find a dress, nothing to fancy, small/black that ties with a bow at the back. All I had to do now was wait. The clock was ticking.