Chapter 21

After that... confession, we didn't talk about it anymore, which I'm thankful for because it gave me time to gather my thoughts and process everything. Cate is in the bathroom right now, taking a shower while I'm here in my bed, staring at the ceiling. My mind is out of this planet. I'm still thinking about what just happened a while ago.

I finally said I love her. Which I really do.

And she said she loves me too.

And it's real this time. We're not joking anymore.

............fuck me. It's real.

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

She said those words—the eight letters.

God, How can I process that?

I can't keep doing this, and I can't freak out, realizing that this is really happening.

BUT HOW CAN I? WHY IS THE UNIVERSE IS IN MY SIDE? IS THE WORLD REALLY ENDING?

I hit my face with a pillow, frustrated with how I couldn't keep myself cool about the situation.

"Y/n! Where's my towel?" Cate suddenly shouted, making me stop what I'm doing.

"Oh, shit I forgot." I whispered to myself. "It's in the laundry! I didn't know you were going here!"

Then I heard her again, saying, "Can I use yours? Your towel?"

"Ah, y-yes. Sure, just get it behind that door!" I replied, and I don't know why I was stuttering. It's just a damn towel.

After a while, I heard the shower stop. Then a few minutes later, Cate is now in my room, only the towel wrapping around her. Her blonde hair is still wet, making it drip on the floor.

"Are you... checking out on me?" She suddenly said, making me remember that she can saw me.

"No, My towel looks small on yours. I have a longer one. Do you want it?" I said, changing the topic.

"No, I don't. I like yours better." She said, making me feel that my cheeks are blushing.

I roll over to the side, hiding my smile at her.

"Y/n, it's okay to blush from me. It's adorable." She said, heading to the closet. "Oh, and you should take a bath too. We're going out." She said again, turning a little while checking out her shirt.

It made me stand up, "Huh, why? What is it this time?"

"Let's say I'm taking you out for a date." She says while smirking at me.

My eyes widened, "Already?! Right now?"

"I'm joking, we're just going to eat lunch. So you need to get out because I'm going to get dressed... Well, unless you want to see me naked?" She said, waggling her eyebrows.

I immediately turned away from her, "Definitely not. I'm leaving."

"You sure? You don't wan--" I heard her say while walking down the stairs.

"NO, CATHERINE!" I shouted back, cutting her sentence, and I heard her laughing at me.

Hah, I guess that fired back.
--------------

We're now in her car, and she's driving while playing Ariana's song Thank You, Next on the radio, which I think is random, I guess. I mean, Of all songs? Gosh.

"Why are you so quiet? Can you say something or anything? It makes me think that you're mad at me." Cate suddenly said, grabbing my attention.

Looking at her, I said, "Did you know I watch documentaries?"