Chapter 2 - The Webs We Weave

Back at the laboratory at the MIT campus.

Jorg is standing before a webcam and tapping his foot to the rhythm of an 80s power ballad, with Alf hopping around in circles on his rear paws to the same melody.

Jorg stomps his feet to a double drum beat and points his alien finger at the webcam.

Jorg: YOU’RE AS COLD AS ICE! YOU’RE WILLING TO SACRIFICE OUR LOVE! YOU NEVER TAKE ADVICE! SOMEDAY YOU’LL PAY THE PRICE I KNOW!

In the background; Alpha is sitting solemnly before an opened bible staring at it contemplatively while ripping out the pages one at a time and lighting them on fire with a lighter.

Jorg:  I'VE SEEN IT BEFORE, IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! CLOSING THE DOOR, YOU LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND! YOU’RE DIGGING FOR GOLD, YET THROWING AWAY A FORTUNE IN FEELINGS BUT SOMEDAY YOU’LL PAY!

Both Jorg and the puppy begin head banging to the melody while Jorg uses his telekinesis to levitate beakers, test tubes, microscopes, and various other small objects individually spinning and moving them about to the rhythm of the songs synthesizer melody.

Suddenly Luna comes crashing through the laboratory’s door and the music suddenly stops as all of the laboratory equipment smashes onto the floor.

Luna: GUYS!

The two look at Luna quizzically.

Luna: I’m going to assume that neither of you have any idea of what’s been going on?

Alpha: I'm tired of this Earth, these people. I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives...

Luna: You don’t even know what I was about to say, smart ass.

Luna walks towards the laboratory’s television set and turns it on.

Replaying on the screen is a breaking news report about a fallen, alien satellite found in a field transmitting a message that reads: “JESUS HAS RISEN”

Jorg: I’m assuming it’s got nothing to do with a Mexican roofer...

Luna: What could this mean? Did he actually exist?

Alpha: He did, at one point but he’s not coming back. That person died a long long time ago.

Luna: How do you know? Did you two know him?

Alpha: At one point, yeah.

Luna: What was he like?

Alpha: Incredibly naive, an idealist, and that idealism is what got him killed.

Luna: Was he really the son of God? The messiah?

The two aliens begin erupting with laughter.

Jorg: We’re all “gods children”; it’s all a matter of perspective.

Alpha: In the context of that contrived biblical shit? No, he wasn’t.

Luna: Then what could this mean?

Alpha: Probably a hoax of human proportions..... Although the makings of that satellite look oddly familiar.

Luna: I think we need to investigate, get a closer look.

Alpha sighs in disdain

Jorg: Why?

Luna: Because! Ever since the two of you came to earth shit falling from the sky always ALWAYS ends up with some catastrophic event!

Luna: Besides.....It’s not everyday you see an alien satellite come crashing to the earth espousing biblical references.

Alpha: FINE!

And so the three with Alf in tow blip away towards the satellite crash site.