Chapter 4 - Rapture Rat Race

The group reappears back in a bar in Boston.

Luna: Why are we here?

Alpha: Because I need a goddamned drink.

Luna: That’s not like you, Alpha.

Jorg: Religious fervency is a touchy subject for Alpha.

Luna: What do you think all of this means?

Alpha: I’m not quite sure.... I still think it’s a hoax but to what ends I can’t fathom.

Luna: Why now? Why is my voyage a sign of the apocalypse?

Jorg: It WAS the catalyst for us coming back to earth.

Luna: Do you think this has something to do with the two of you?

Alpha: Maybe...

Luna: If that was the first of “seven seals” then there must be more, right?

Alpha: Perhaps...

Luna: I think we should retrace our steps up until now and see if we can’t find more.

Alpha: Why??

Luna: BECAUSE ITS A MYSTERY! AND I WANNA SOLVE IT!

Jorg: ROAD TRIP!

Alpha sighs impatiently.

Alpha: Nothing good will come of this.

Luna: Now.....If I know my biblical theology. Which I don’t...not really.  The next seal is about war? Or slaughter? That could only reference one being we’ve encountered.

Alpha: Legion...

Jorg: He was a bad boy, right Alf?

The puppy growls lowly.

Luna: Then to Tulsa we go!

And so the triad blips once again, back to the center of the universe...

They arrive shortly in the ruins of downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. The site of the battle that had once taken place there had been cleared of debris and rubble but the area itself had yet to be redeveloped, instead left as a sort of monument to the terror and misfortune that threatened humanity such a short time ago.

All throughout the square several fervent believers have already gathered in solidarity; preaching, praying, denouncing those unfit to the faith and hoping for their own destruction in anticipation for better things yet to come.

Alpha: Why in the hell are they here?

A proud, asinine voice can be heard speaking towards the group from behind.

Bobby Wafer: WE HAVE COME SEEKING GUIDANCE FROM OUR LORD!

Bobby Wafer: FOR HE IS RISEN!

Jorg: AAAAAAAHHHH!

Jorg spins around, startled

Jorg: DONT SNEAK UP ON ME YOU CREEPY BASTARD!

Bobby Wafer: There’s nothing to fear little one! For our lord has ris-

Jorg: SHUT UP!

Alpha: Just ignore them Jorg, maybe they’ll go away.

Luna: .....I don’t really see anything signifying a second seal. Maybe we were wrong?

Jorg: Wait......where’s Alf?

The puppy can be seen digging away in the middle of the memorial, as his little paws rake away the earth the circular landmark pinpointing the “center of the universe” is revealed beneath the dust and debris.

He plops down on the little concrete circle in the middle of the landmark and begins to speak:

Alf: ARF!

The puppy’s bark begins to reverberate and echo and then formulate into words spoken by a distorted disembodied voice:

“And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth...”

Alpha: That voice..... it’s familiar. I’ve heard it before.

Luna: You have? Where?

Alpha: I....I can’t quite remember but I know I’ve heard it before.

Bobby Wafer: THE SECOND SEAL IS BROKEN! THE ANGELS HAVE SPOKEN! FEAR THE COMING RETRIBUTION ALL YE UNREPENTANT SINNERS!

The preacher declares pointing a bony, judgmental finger at Jorg

Jorg glares at the preacher with his arms crossed, unimpressed

Jorg: FUCK YO-

As the three once again blip away to find the next seal.