Chapter 1: Careful What You Wish For

-Five Years Ago-

"-mighty metal titans dropped from the sky, flying in their powerful space machines, the likes of which had never been seen on Earth before!" The woman grinned, her eyes alight with amusement as the child in front of her giggled. "Some of them looked like people, but others were dinosaurs and really big birds!"

Suddenly the old woman speaking lunged forward, tickling the young girl and making her squeal, "AND THEY LIKED TO PLAY CATCH WITH LITTLE HUMANS!"

The woman paused for a second. Actually... that was probably true...

"What happened?" the girl asked excitedly, resulting in a huff of annoyance from the middle-aged woman leaning against the doorframe. "Where are they now?"

"They had to return to their home in the stars, " the old woman smiled, pulling out a long, thin metal staff, "and this is what they left behind for us."

-Present Day: Nemesis-

"STARSCREAM!"

Megatron sneered and looked to Soundwave, "Where is the idiot now?"

Soundwave quietly pulled up the location of mining sector 7, which had only just been established. After all, they had only landed on Earth a few months ago.

"Did I not order him to supervise the-" Megatron growled lowly, "Clearly that is irrelevant. Summon him here immediately."

Soundwave gave his master a curt nod of acknowledgment before turning away. There was a moment of silence before the communicatons officer turned back to Megatron.

"This is Mining Sector 7! We're under atta-"

Megatron snarled. "When was this?"

Soundwave held up two of his slender fingers.

Megatron turned around and marched toward the doors leading out of the control deck. "Why the frag weren't we aware of this sooner!? Get Breakdown and a fleet down there now!"

Transforming in the center of the control bridge, Megatron's rough grey armour shifted into a sturdy jet that screamed down the halls of the Nemesis, leaving a trail of scorched walls in his wake. At the flight deck, he was assaulted by the sight of of his vehicon troops struggling to storm through an open groundbridge.

"Lord Megatron?" Breakdown appeared behind the warlord as he transformed back into his bipedal mode. "You summoned me?"

"Return Starscream to the Nemesis and do not let him out of your sight until I arrive," Megatron snapped.

Breakdown snorted, "What'd he do this time?"

Megatron shot him an irritated glare, "Do as you're told."

The warrior's smile quickly vanished and he nodded curtly before transforming into a blue ground vehicle and speeding away. Breakdown arrived on the other side of the swirling vortex and huffed, "I need a friend that doesn't want to gut me."

Across the forest floor that was quickly becoming a struggle for power, he spotted a familiar green color scheme. Breakdown's servo transformed into a hammer and he ran forward with a grin.