Chapter 11: Autobots Invading My Bubble

Lila could hear voices as the elevator descended into the Autobot base, but when it hit the ground with a rattle and bang, the voices immediately silenced. The doors slid open, revealing the Autobots, who were all staring at her. She stepped out, but didn't get much further than that before stopping. The blood drained from her face.

A white and orange bot pulled himself from their midst with a scowl. "Alright, get back, infidels. I have work to do."

Without any warning, he snatched Lila up from the ground and prompty deposited her on a higher surface.

"Gimme," he ordered, plucking the staff from her hands and tossing it onto another desk. Lila finched back as he raised his fist to punch her.

Instead, a blue light shone from a disk above his wrist and flitted across her body.

"You're well-fed, rested, hydrated, and have only minor injuries, aside from low blood-oxygen levels and energon reside," the bot looked away from his wrist and made direct eye-contact with her. "Have you been in proximity to or in contact with a blue substance?"

"You mean energon?" Lila asked.

"Is it blue and substance?" he asked impatiently. "Yes, I'm talking about energon. Answer the question."

"Ratchet," the green bot spoke up with a frown. "Be nice, she's just a sparkling."

Ratchet scoffed. "Not for much longer she won't be."

"I'll call Optimus on you," Cliffjumper threatened. "Besides, look how cute and tiny she is. You don't want to hurt her feelings."

Lila crossed her arms.

"I'm trying to keep her alive," Ratchet grumbled before giving Lila the stink eye. "She won't even answer simple questions."

"Well, maybe–" the female Autobot was cut off.

"Yes," Lila stated. "I did."

Ratchet turned to her. "How long?"

"A–a few times. For not very long." Lila looked down. "Over a few days."

"Mmph." Ratchet turned away. "You should know then that energon is toxic to organic lifeforms."

Lila's eyes widened. "Am I am– I'm going to die?"

Ratchet scoffed. "Not unless it's inside you."

Another hand suddenly grabbed her from behind. Lila yelped as the familiar fingers pulled her away from the table.

"Hey!" Ratchet snapped. "I was studying her!"

"Prime said to make her feel welcome," Cliffjumper grinned. "I think we all know you're not fun, Ratch."

"Oh, yeah?" Ratchet glared. "And you won't accidentally kill her?"

Cliffjumper looked at Lila and gave her an encouraging smile. "She's tougher than she looks."

The female stepped in front of Cliffjumper with her arms crossed. "Cliff. What are you even planning to do with the human?"

"I dunno," Cliffjumper looked at Lila. "What do you want to do?"

Lila's face heated up under his attention and she swirmed, simply shaking her head and muttering something unintelligible.

"Welp," Cliffjumper sat and put her on his knee. "We can talk. Preferably without Arcee."

Arcee kneeled next to them. "I don't think it wants to talk."

"Hey!" Cliffjumper reached out and swatted at her. "It's not an it!"