Chapter 5: The Ancient Library of Time

Lila couldn't see anything.

The room was dark and particles were floating through the air. When the trap went off, she'd lost sight of Megatron as she went flying back, protected by an opaque blue shield from the staff.

Standing up slowly, Lila stumbled forward, hands outstretched so she could find a wall and make her escape.

There was a sound behind her and Lila froze, listening to the sound of Megatron standing up. She took a step away from him and her back hit the wall, causing her limbs in shake in terror.

Because he was in the way of the exit.

The staff tugged lightly in her hold and Lila glanced down at it. It tugged again, in the direction of the exploded wall. Reluctantly, Lila followed it's lead and moved as quietly as possible in the direction it beckoned.

She covered her nose with her sleeve as the smoke thickened and squinted at a faint blue light. Walking forward cautiously, Lila noticed more and more blue lights making themselves known. She stepped through the hole left behind by the explosion as her eyes widened.

It was a hidden room, but this one Lila had never seen before. Dust covered the room; it was the dust of time, not what was left behind by the trap. The lights became more clear and Lila realized that it was cybertronian writing on the walls, painted in some strange form of energon.

There was a statue in the center and Lila frowned, walking closer to the giant figures. Both of their identities became immediately apparent to her. It was Megatron and Optimus, holding beautiful swords, unlike the ones they had fought with on the battlefield earlier.

The blades were pressed against one another and the two statues stared into each others' optics with hatred.

Far beneath the blades, kneeling between them, was Lila, holding the Staff of Primus. Her hair floating around her head like a halo.

"These events are unavoidable."

Lila whirled around, expecting Megatron to have caught up. Instead, a completely unfamiliar bot stood before her. He looked down, his blue eyes twinkling in a friendly way.

"Lila. I have been watching you for a long time."

She took a step back. "That's creepy."

The cybertronian frowned."It was not meant to be."

"Okay, who are you again?" Lila asked. "And how did you get here?"

"My name is Primus," the titan smiled. "I created the staff you possess."

Lila glanced at the staff before looking back up at him. She was quiet for a moment.

"So you're telling me that you're a cybertronian god that is supposed to be living in the core of a planet that is an unfathomable distance away and dead? And that you're here, talking to me?"

"Not exactly," Primus looked around. "This is an intelligent lifeform I created of myself millenia ago for you. It contains my consciousness. Once it has told you what it must, you will wake back up and it will be gone forever."

"Um..." Lila furrowed her brows. "I'm not awake?"

He chuckled lightly and walked up to the statues. "This will occur soon. Megatron and Optimus cannot defeat each other, for they both possess a great amount of might. Their war has lasted a long, long time."

Primus looked at her. "You will be the one to tip the scales. Whomever you chose to side with will win the war."

Lila choked a little. "What?"