Chapter 19: What Needed to be Done

"Vehicons," Lila spoke into every audio receivers aboard the ship, "your time of oppression has come to an end. Today, your Lord murdered Dave, whom some of you know as a harmless bot. Was this done fairly? Through reason and response? No. There was no justice in this.

"How long have you suffered through endless cycles of discrimination and pain? What has the Decepticon cause ever given you besides death? It is a purpose you don't deserve to be a part of," Lila told them. "Someone once told me you aren't truly a Decepticon until Megatron has made you suffer. Can you imagine a future of freedom and peace at the end of the war? I doubt it. You will still be disposable and overworked, treated as less than nothing, second always the Primus-born sparks."

Lila grit her teeth. "This entire ship is run, operated, and protected by an undervalued army. Today, I call upon you to band together and demand that the vehicon title becomes one of respect, and one that will forever be revered."

She let that sink in before letting out a breath. "Am I asking you to die? No. You have been afraid of revolt, but your numbers are high enough that the combined forces of every high-ranking officer is feeble in comparison to your power. What I'm asking you to do, is to rise up, like the first generation of Decepticons once did, and claim you place in the galaxy."

The doors to the bridge flew open and Megatron stepped through, stopping and looking at her with absolutely fury.

Lila glared at him, but continued to speak. "We have been naive for too long. Take care of this ship while I deal with Megatron."

Lila pulled her staff from the controls and walked to the edge of the desk. "So what will it be, Megatron? Surrender or fight?"

"You will regret ever having known me," Megatron snarled, his sword sliding free of his arm.

"I already have," Lila snapped. "And I will finally honor my family and my mother by destroying you."

He barked out a laugh, "You claim of no longer being naive, Lila, but you still don't know the truth of your mother's demise."

Lila pointed her staff at him. "Oh yeah?"

"She's not dead," Megatron told her. "The woman was clearly of great importance. That's why she's locked up in my brig."

"I was in your brig," Lila scoffed. "I think I'd have known if I had company."

Megatron shrugged. "Fine, then. Don't believe me. You can take my army, destroy me and this ship... but you will never know if your mother is truly alive."

Lila sneered. "I can and I will. You can't stop me with your lies and deceit."

"So be it," Megatron spread his arms. "Terminate me like you terminated that poor human liason. I'm just the second step on your way to becoming a beast, right? An insignificant death amongst countless."

The ship shook with an explosion and Lila stumbled slightly, but kept the staff aimed at Megatron, who stepped closer, his chasis open to attack as he stared down at her.

Lila growled. "I don't plan on killing an innocent. I'm never going to do that. I going to kill a tyrant."

(Adapted quote by Oria... Um. Look it up yourself, I guess.)

"All tyrants were once people," Megatron replied. "Once you kill one, there is nothing to stop you from going over the edge and killing the rest. You've already seen it in your visions, and you already know what you'll become. A beast. Who other than me will accept you after that?"

"You don't even accept me now!" Lila yelled. "You left me!"

Megatron's face finally twisted into anger. "I left you because you scared me. No living being as ever scared me the way you do. Despite what you might think, girl, I am the only person who will ever love you."