Chapter 4: Just Some Bumps & Bruises

Oh.

Megatron sat up from the berth a few hours after he'd offlined on it. He remembered acutely what he forgot now and immediately stood up, making his way to the control bridge.

He'd forgotten the human.

She was probably fine. Soundwave would keep an optic on her. Megatron doubted she'd be able to get off of the throne and he knew the staff was useless to her at the moment. She clearly knew nothing about how it operated and if she did, there was no way she had the gut to do it.

Her training would need to begin immediately and considering how incompetent his crew was, Megatron would have to do this himself. It would be a bargain taking the time to teach the human to weild is staff. If she got too cocky, he'd have handed a weapon of mass destruction to the child of the woman he just terminated.

But on the other servo, if he was able to control her and the Staff of Primus, then Megatron would have an advantage the Autobots could never hope to match.

Walking onto the control bridge, Megatron noted that Soundwave was standing by the monitors, per usual. Cowering in the corner of his throne, the human was clutching onto the staff and staring at him.

Megatron walked over, stretching to his fullest height to further intimate her. It was likely unnecessary, considering how tiny she was, but Megatron enjoyed the way she squirmed under his penetrating gaze.

"You're Lila, correct?" Megatron asked.

She stared at him for a moment longer before nodding.

Megatron clasped his servos behind his back and grinned, showing off dangerously pointed teeth. "Do you know the significance of the weapon you hold?"

"It's-um, it's from cybertronians- that- that were old- I mean, um, they were- they-" Lila took in a greedy gulp of air as her face turned pink. "Magic relic from the god Cybertron of Primus- I mean, Primus god of Cybertron.."

Megatron sighed and looked up for a moment, running a clawed servo down his face in exasperation. Of all the weak creatures on this planet, the Staff of Primus could only be commanded by this one.

"Primus, you truly hate me," Megatron muttered before looking down at the human. "The Staff of Primus is a legendary artifact from before the Golden Age. I don't suppose you know what that is?"

He meant for the question to be rhetorical, but the human nodded. "Cybertron's most prosperous era, when the economy was booming and the planet was lively. It followed the Great War between Unicron and Primus and the thirteen original Primes."

Megatron blinked. "Yes. That's correct... How do you know this?"

"I read the ancient texts in the cr–" Lila paused.

Maybe she shouldn't be telling the bad guy about the secret passages. She shouldn't even be cooperating with him. In all honesty, she should be trying to kill this guy right now.

It's what her mom would have wanted. It's what she was raised for.

Megatron narrowed his eyes and reached out. Lila's head snapped up in surprise and she tried to scramble back, but she was already in a corner. Megatron picked her up, careful not the damage the staff.

Specifically the staff. He could care less about the human.

"Soundwave," Megatron turned to his communications officer, "open a groundbridge to the stronghold where the Staff of Primus was located."

Soundwave nodded curtly and a few moments later, a swirling blue-green portal open before them. Lila gulped as he walked through, her bones vibrating at the strange sensation.