Chapter 15: Breaking the Rules Again

That night her usual schedule of waking up from a nightmare was broken. She slept like a rock through the night and was awaken by the sound of Megatron's loud metal frame pulling away from the berth. She looked through the box quickly, freshened up, and then teleported onto his berth.

"So, what's on the agenda today, boss bot?"

"Nothing," Megatron told her. "You're still healing. I don't want to rebreak you."

Lila pointed down at her leg. "I stabbed myself and it's almost totally gone. Knockout is a miracle worker. I'm fine."

"And I'm busy."

"But I was gone all day yesterday! Why didn't you get your non-Lila work done then?"

"I did," Megatron shot her a glare. "Now stop questioning my orders and return to your hole."

"Can't I come with you?" Lila begged, ignoring his words entirely. "I'll be quiet. I promise!"

"No."

Megatron turned away from her and grabbed his door, sliding it open quickly and attempting to get away fron Lila and her annoyingness.

"Please," Lila's softer tone made him pause. "Last time you left me in here, the Autobots took me."

Megatron stood in the doorway for a moment before trudging back into the room and snatching her off the berth. "Fine. Just shut up."

Lila beamed and scurried onto his shoulder as he made his way through the Nemesis halls. Settling down, she pulled out her datapad and started working. Megatron glanced at her and nodded in appreciation. At least she was doing something productive.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

By the end of the day, Megatron found himself a little unsettled by how quiet Lila had been, working consistently on his shoulder. She'd finished everything not long ago and was simply leaning back, watching Megatron go about his duties.

As he headed for the energon storage room, Megatron attempted to start up a conversation. "Did you finish the historical texts?"

"Yup."

"Any questions?"

"Nope."

Megatron frowned as he stepped into the room. Various vehicons offered him short bows as he passed, which he ignored, and went to the back of the room, where the data transferer was. He slid his datapad across it and downloaded the reports.

Usually, Soundwave could just log into this room and send the data, but he was preoccupied at the moment.

The device beeped once the information was tranferred and Megatron turned to leave the room.

"What's that?"

Megatron paused as Lila pointed to a small, isolated crate.

"Dark energon," he replied, turning away.

Lila cranned her head to get a better look. "How come I've never heard of it?"

"It's nothing good," Megatron told her. "The blood of Unicron the Destroyer and anti-life matter. It's toxic."

"So was energon," Lila mumbled.

Megatron stopped walking and looked at her. "You are not allowed to pursue research regarding dark energon. That's an order."

"Why not?"