The interview

Lauren was on the way to this interview she had to do for the school about her artwork. Lauren felt normal the whole way there because she had done lots of interviews before. The car had stopped and her driver opened the door for her. "Thank you Leo," she said as she got out of the car. She had walked towards the school she had never seen before and saw a man smiling brightly at her. "It is such an honor to meet you," the man she didn't know put his hand out for her to shake. She put her hand in his and they lightly shook. "I'm Mr. Henderson. Um, Peter Henderson if you want to call me that. I'm a professor here and am also the professor of the student you're going to be interviewed by."

"It's nice to meet you," Lauren said, smiling that gorgeous smile. "I'm really excited to be here."

"We are so happy and honored to have you here, Ms. Jauregui. We truly are," the professor spoke.

"Oh, please. Call me Lauren."

"Alright. This way Ms, Jaur- Lauren. This way to the library."

Mr. Henderson and Lauren made their way to the library and Lauren has sat down at one of the tables were there was fruit and a bunch of little snacks on the table. "Please, help yourself to anything you'd like," Mr. Henderson told her.

"Thank you so much," she said as she grabbed a muffin. "May I ask who I'm being interviewed by?"

"Oh, Ms. Cabello. She's one of my favorite students and she's a big fan of your work."

"I can't wait to meet her," Lauren smiled.

"Well she should be here any minute now so I think I'll head out and let her in. Will you be alright by yourself for a little bit?"

"Oh, of course. You go ahead," she smiled at the older man.

He nodded his head and headed towards the exit. Lauren had let out a little sigh when the professor left the room. She put another piece of the banana nut muffin in her mouth and looked around the library. She liked the way it looked. There were so many books on the shelves and it looked really neat and organized. Lauren wish she could read all of them but there probably wasn't enough time in the world to read all of them. She then heard a voice behind her.

"Um, hello?"

Lauren turned around to the sound of the voice and was surprised to see a young, attractive girl in front of her. "Ms. Cabello?" she asked, remembering the name that Mr. Henderson told her earlier. The other girl nodded and Lauren smiled and put out her hand. "Nice to meet you Ms. Cabello. I'm Lauren Jauregui."

The other girl shook her hand and spoke for the first time since she walked in. "Wow. It's so nice to meet you. I'm Camila Cabello." she said as she sat down in the seat opposite of Lauren. "Um, I've never done an interview like this before and I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous," Camila laughed, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

"There's no need to be nervous Ms. Cabello," Lauren told her.

Camila smiled at her,"Oh, no. You can call me Camila."

"Camila," Lauren said. Lauren liked that name and she couldn't help but admire the girl that sat next to her. She couldn't believe how beautiful she was. "Are you ready?" she asked her.

"Only if you are," Camila said.

"Oh, I'm ready." she told her, smiling.

Camila took out her notecards that she had prepared and asked her the first question. "Um, what inspired you to start painting?"

Lauren had been asked that question before, but didn't mine answering it for her because Lauren would answer anything that Camila asked her. Lauren had never felt the need to feel so close to someone, but with Camila it was different. "Uh, I've just always enjoyed painting honestly. The way you can express yourself through art is just something I really like about it. I just love sharing my work with other people and hope it can somehow inspire them."

"Wow. That's a really good answer," Camila said, daydreaming at Lauren.

"Is there more questions?" Lauren asked her, easing her eyebrows.

"Oh, yes." Camila said looking down, embarrassed.

Lauren only smirked. She made her blush and she and she was glad she did. She thought the younger girl looked even cuter with her cheeks flushed. "What was your very first painting?"

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. That was a question she wasn't expecting. "Well, I painted a picture of my house with my parents, my siblings, and myself in front of our house," she laughed.

Camila let out a giggle as well. "I bet it was a masterpiece," she joked.

Lauren laughed at that,"I think it was. What about your family? You got any siblings?"

Camila's face got serious and she looked down at the cards in her lap. "I had a younger sister actually. Um, and my parents died a couple of years ago," she said and gave Lauren a sad smile.

Lauren's face got completely serious and instantly felt bad. "Oh my. I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

Camila looked up and lightly shook her head. "Don't worry about it," she smiled. She glanced up at the clock and sighed. "You've only answered one question and we're out of time."

Lauren looked up at the clock and realized that they did run out of time. "Well maybe we can go out for coffee sometime and I can answer the rest?"

"I'd like that," Camila smiled.

Just then Mr. Henderson walked into the library. "Hello ladies. I'm sorry to interrupt, but we have run out of time. I hope Ms. Cabello got to ask all the questions."

"Actually, we didn't get to finish so we're gonna go out for coffee tomorrow to finish them up," Lauren said, looking up at the professor.

"Oh, of course. That sounds great," he told them.

The three of them were all awkwardly standing. "Uh, could we have a minute still?" Lauren asked him.

"Oh, yeah," he quickly left the library, leaving Lauren and Camila alone again. "Listen, I'm really sorry again for what I said earlier. I really hope I didn't make you feel bad or bring back bad memories or anything."

"It's fine, Lauren," she told her, lightly laughing.

Lauren smiled at the way she said her name. It just felt nice to hear it from her lips. "Alright, so coffee tomorrow then? Me and my driver will pick you up around noon?"

Camila nodded her head,"sounds good."

"Could I maybe have your number? So you can text me your address and stuff?" Lauren asked nervously.

"Of course." Camila said as she put her number into Lauren's phone.

They both left the library and were standing in front of it. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow," Lauren said, putting her hand out for Camila to shake.

Camila shook her hand and replied,"I'll see you tomorrow."

Lauren then got into her car and her driver shut the door behind her while Camila got into hers and headed towards hers and Dinah's apartment.