Thirteen

*A few days later*

I was walking around the prison with Carl, suddenly we heard gunshots and screams. We ran towards the. Noise and what we saw was pure hell.

The governor was attacking the prison, and Hershel was dead at his feet.

Carl ran off to help fight back. I saw Beth and Maggie crying and I ran to them. "C'mon guys. We have to get out of here. It's not safe." I grabbed Maggie and Beth's hands and helped them to their feet. Maggie ran off to find someone and Beth stood there, a few tears still running down her cheeks. "Beth, it'll be okay. Let's go." I grabbed her hand and started running to where Rick was. At one point I noticed there were walkers everywhere. Oh great.

I eventually let go of Beth's hand and continued running. At one point I turned around and she wasn't there. CRAP I LOST BETH. I kept running and shooting walkers when I saw Carl and his dad. "She's gone. She. She's gone." Carl kept repeating to himself. I looked at Rick and he looked away. I caught on when I saw the little baby chair, which was covered in blood. Judith.

"no..." I said softly. "Let's go. We'll meet up somewhere." Rick changed the subject. "Ok. Let's g- WHERE ARE DAD AND DADDY!?!" I screamed, realizing I hadn't seen them. "They have each other let's go. Now rose." Rick said sternly. "L. Let's go then." Carl was helping Rick because he was beaten up pretty bad. Rick limped along and Carl helped him. I saw this as a chance to look for them.

I saw dad get on a bus and saw daddy take off into the woods. They're gonna be okay. I turned around and ran to catch up with Rick and Carl. When I reached them Carl was ahead and Rick was limping along behind him. "Carl. S. Slow down." I heard Rick say softly. I grabbed Rick's arm and put it around my shoulder. We kept walking until we found a house.

Carl screamed into it before we went in. He then ran up the steps and into a room, slamming the door behind him. I helped Rick onto the couch and he fell asleep shortly after.

I went upstairs to check on Carl. When I opened the door he didn't even look at me. "Carl?" I said softly. "Do you wanna talk about what happened to Ju-" he cut me off. "NO ROSE. JUST GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!! I HATE YOU!! I ALWAYS HAVE!! THE ONLY REASON I WAS NICE TO YOU WAS BECAUSE MY DAD TOLD ME TO BE!! YOU'RE PATHETIC. YOURE THE REASON SHES DEAD!!! HE FOLLOWED YOU AND BROUGHT THEM. HE KILLED HER!!! HE KILLED JUDY, AND ITS YOUR GODDAM FAULT!!!" He screamed at me.

I took a step back. "I- I'm . I didn't. I. I'm sorry." I stuttered. Nobody has yelled at me like that since my "parents".

"WHATEVER! I DONT CARE! YOU CAN TELL THAT TO HER CORPSE WHEREVER IT IS! FUCK YOU ROSE!! FUCK YOU!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO LOSE SOMEONE YOU LOVE!!! JUST GO KILL YOURSELF!!!!!"

"I LOST BOTH OF MY PARENTS AND MY LITTLE BROTHER. YOU CANT SAY SHIT CARL." I yelled before leaving the room. I grabbed my backpack that had my gun. Then I grabbed my sword and I ran downstairs and out the door. As soon as I stepped outside I was greeted by a few walkers. I killed them and walked into the nearby trees. There was a tree house in the backyard of Carl and Rick's house so I decided to stay there, in case anyone came around.

Once I was inside I looked around the treehouse. It was pretty big. It was probably one of those things on treehouse masters. It had a bedroom and a small kitchen.

I put my stuff down and looked in a cupboard. There was canned pineapples.

FUCK YEAH.

My thoughts landed on Carl and I suddenly lost my appetite. He hated me. He thinks I'm pathetic. He wants me dead.

Just like my foster parents.

I put on my blue hoodie and I got out of the treehouse. Today I would die, but I would want to die in my hoodie.

I walked in front of the house and looked at Carl's window.
"You don't know the meaning of missing someone. You never will."
I raised the gun to my head and pulled the trigger. nothing.

What what the fuck?

I looked at the gun and I realized I was out of ammo. There were glass bottles all over the street. I kicked them. "FUCK YOU!" I screamed each time. "FUCK. YOU!"

After I calmed down it started to rain. I sat there with my hands raised slightly. I felt some of the dirt and blood run down my face.

"This is a sign. A sign that I was meant to survive. I don't need him. I don't need anyone. I'm surviving the apocalypse for fucks sake! I'm Rose Gregory Holland. I will survive." I told myself. I saw three walkers limping towards me. I exploded for the second time today.

I ran towards one and kicked it in the face, destroying its brain. The second one I jumped on its head, and the third one got its head crushed between my hands.

I heard a door close and turned around. Carl was standing on the porch wide-eyed.

"Can I fucking help you?" I spat.
he thinks I'm pathetic. He thinks I'm pathetic. He thinks I'm pathetic.

"Rose about earlier... I'm sorry I-" I cut him off.

"It's fine bro. Just a bad day right?" I asked him. I knew he wasn't sorry. I could see it in his eyes. I liked knowing how people felt about me, and when he was in his rage state he told me exactly how he felt. He can't take it back.

"No. No it's not okay." he started. "i said its fucking fine okey!" I snapped. "Rose please. I'm sorry." I looked at him. "It's fine I told you." I said. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to get some rest." I started walking towards the treehouse, but was stopped by Carl.

"Rose. Please come back inside. Please. I didn't mean the things i said. It's been a shitty day. I lost Judith. We don't know where anybody is." He pleased.

I gave up and walked with him inside the house, after retrieving my things. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that Carl had a few tears on his face.