chapter eighteen: "THEY ARE SO GLITTERY"

I've literally been procrastinating for months but I'm back🥳

She Wolf -Shakira

"UGHHHHGH" I muffle scream into my pillow mentally cringing at the fact that i got scared and hid IN A CABINET.

I have never been more embarrassed of myself.

Alarms like that only rang when someone escaped the facility when I was in the red room. Then, they would do a head count of the girls that remained. And let me tell you, those "head counts" were not very friendly.
I guess that's why I got so frightened.

I hated that someone had to see me like that, covering my ears like a baby. What is wrong with me?

I was just sulking in shame staring at my wall with a blanket covering my head.

Atleast that's was what I was doing until I get a knock on my door.

I thought everyone left??

"Uhm, come in." I said, removing the blanket from my head and sitting up on my bed.

"MARI"

I gasp

"YELENA"

She tackles me on my bed and squeezes me tight.

"Can't- can't breathe" I managed to say while my sister was practically chocking me.

"Oh, oh sorry"

"It's okay" I laugh as soon as I can catch breath. "What are you doing here?? I thought you had to leave again?" I asked

"Well, I did but my friend Kate owed me a favor, so she took care of it for me." She said. "Anyways, little birdy told me that you need a new wardrobe *cough Natasha cough*."

Of course she did.

"We'll tell her I'm fine, I don't need anything." Thats a lie but I just wouldn't know what to get.
All my life my clothes have been chosen for me by someone else. I've never been given the option of what I wanted. When I was little, Мама would pick out an outfit for me to wear everyday. When I was in the red room, I had four things I could wear. Training clothes, ballet attire, night gown, and mission suit. When I was in Hydra, All I wore was a sports bra and shorts unless I was on field missions. Even when I lived with Gabriella. My "style"was what ever she picked out for me. Not that she was controlling, she did it because I made her. I never knew what I wanted. Plus, I am a very indecisive person.

"Come on sister, we're going shopping." She says already grabbing my hand to drag me out the door.

"Yelena stop, let me at least shower!" I laugh.

Meanwhile with the avengers..

Everyone was entering the quinjet. All of them were exhausted from a long and stressful mission. Some of them put their weapons back in the vault. While others (Sam) had already passed on the way to the seats.

Everyone was settled in, ready to return home and finally, the jet took off.

Steve was sitting down reading an old newspaper. He was. Visibly tired from the mission but wanted to stay awake for the ride. Wanda was sleeping on Pietro's shoulder while Pietro himself was falling asleep too. Sam was laid down on a row of seats snoring.
"Hey, how did Sam get there, I thought he passed out on the floor." Steve asked looking up from his newspaper only to be met with silence. He look at Bucky with an eyebrow raised and got a shrug from him in response.
Bucky was the one who put him there.

Bruce had gone to the other room along with Tony to finish up some lab work. And finally, Clint was in the cockpit flying the jet with Natasha.

Natasha's POV

We've been flying for about an hour now, still long way to go. I had to slow down just a little due to the weather conditions. It was raining hard and cloudy even from way up here.
Welp, atleast there's no thunder

Mari hated the thunder

Ever since we were little, she would crawl under her princess bed and cover her ears in hopes of it going away. I would then crawl under with her just to keep her company.

"Hey, how's Mari?" Nat asked with a nervous tone as she sets the plane on auto pilot.

"She's fine Nat. Don't worry."

"I know, I know. It's just that, Fury has me doing all these missions, and I've barely got to see her every since she got back." I said. "I really hope she doesn't think I like avoiding her or something"

"I'm sure she doesn't think that, she knows you're just busy." Clint said patting my back in attempts to comfort me.

Clint is honestly one of few people I've ever felt comfortable opening up to.

"Yeah, your probably right." I said finally facing him.

"I'm always right."

I roll my eyes and look back at the dark blue cloudy sky.

I wonder what my sisters are doing right now.

Back with Yelena and Mari

"OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO GLITTERY." Yelena said. "You have to feel it"

She handed me a small pillow with sequences that changed color when flipped to the other side.

"Woahhh" I said in awe moving them back and fourth.

"Yeah, we are definitely getting this to brighten up your room, it looks so pale" she said throwing it on top of the many other stuff she helped me pick out.

"Yelena, how the hell are we supposed to pay for all of this?" I say while looking at the cart full of clothes.

"Why, with Daddy Stark's money of course." She said with a Southern girl accent while waving a black and gold card in my face.

"Where did you-"

"Enough with all the questions sister." She said yanking my arm to the checkout area.

After two long hours of shopping , we finally decided head home. My sister picked up her phone and called a guy named Happy to come pick us up.

We were currently both in the kitchen. Yelena had her head in the fridge searching for something to eat.

"I'm going to put these in my room, I'll be right back." I said walking to the elevator carrying dozens of bags on my arms. 

I get out of the elevator and walk down the hall to my door. I had to put some of my bags down in order to open the door.

"Hey kid" a familiar voice says

I slightly jump being taken by surprise but soon relax.

"God, you scared me Natasha."

NOT PROOF READ BUT IM GOIJG TO SLEEP GOODNIGHTTTT
Ps: Just saw Wakanda Forever and Shuri is soooo hot