Chapter 10

It was now night and the stars were just coming out.

"My it's getting late, excuse me but we should be heading home" vanilla said "wow i didn't even realize it was so late" sonic said looking out the window, rubbing the back of his head "ill leave to I've already left the master emerald alone for too long" knuckles said letting sonic show everyone to the door "i should go too, unless.." Amy said standing in the door way batting her eyelashes and just before she could say anything else shadow literally shut the door in her face "ow!" Amy yelled from the other side of the door

And other muffled sounds but luckily it didn't take her long to give up and leave letting the two hedgehogs have peace and quiet but in reality sonics body just wouldn't listen he couldn't even move from were he stood now that everyone is gone it just felt all weird all of a sudden, sonic glanced over at shadow trying to see if it was just him thats feeling weird and it was shadow looked perfectly fine wearing the same poker face he always does.

Shadow walked back towards the bottom of the stairs where he had accidentally dropped his clothes and other stuff and walked into the laundry room closing the door behind him putting the clothes in the washer but didn't go just yet, just stood there with a blank face, yeah 'he's totally fine'.

Sonic was able to get his legs to function again and quickly collapsed onto the couch he was officially exhausted not only that but he hardly slept last night and ran to shadows house after puking his guts out and also to Eggmans base to check up on tails and to see if Eggman tried anything and he played for a strait 7 hours with shadow getting all dirty and tired knowing well that they would need the energy to explain the situation to his friends, and the worst part he wasn't even hungry the whole day i guess that's just what its like being immortal not needing to necessarily eat at all.

But in sonics place he didn't care if right now he was immortal for a while he just wanted to have something in his stomach it just felt so empty

"How does shadow even deal with not eating.." sonic said but came out mostly muffled since he was face first in the pillow 'wait..' sonic thought lifting his head from the pillow laying down on it properly resting his chin on it hugging it close 'has shadow eaten yet?..' sonic thought once more, it was possible that he did since when sonic got to shadows house he looked as if he had woken up long before but even if he did its been a whole day already and one meal isn't enough especially for sonic.

Sonic marched up to his kitchen, despite not knowing exactly what the other hedgehog liked to eat he just made something that he liked he thought that if they swapped bodies then but maybe not each other appetite is what sonic was guessing.

After a few minutes sonics was finally done cooking shadow had come out of the laundry room a long while ago and was just sitting on the couch watching TV to pass time he didn't feel like going home just yet.

Shadows ears picked up when he heard footsteps heading his way getting closer he wasn't alarmed since he knew it was sonic, there was this delicious smell in the air but hadn't given it much thought until now "hey shadz, i hope your hungry!" Sonic said from behind the couch shadow sat in holding a plate with one hand in front of shadow "whats this.." shadow said taking the palate with two chili dogs. this was something he didn't expect "i just thought you might be hungry, you know since your like mortal now" sonic said rubbing his nose with a wide grin on his face proud of himself.

Shadow took a bite he wasn't really a fan of these types of foods but he had to admit it was really good better than he expected actually, sonic watched intensely slightly nervous he wasn't sure if shadow actually liked the food that he made all the stuff about how maybe shadow would like it because he liked it was all just a guess. But he was put to ease when shadow just continued eating already finishing the first one.

Just this alone made sonic happy, sonic laid his head in crossed arms that sat on the top of the couch watching the hedgehog eat silently with a goofy smile on his face.

Shadow of course took notice of this but he didn't  at all mind the others presence it was somewhat calming, which reminded him of something, shadow took the last bite of his food and thought about it while touching his head "what's wrong shadz?" Sonic said "sonic, have you been getting headaches lately" shadow said it took a second for sonic to process this question he had completely forgotten about it! Because of those headaches was the main reason he wasn't able to sleep "how did you know?" Sonic said "ive been having them too.." "maybe it's because of the crash?" Sonic added "that would make sense but maybe its more than that" shadow said.