1. BDAE

"Excuse you?!" Sam Wilson, current Captain America, street taco aficionado, and best friend to a couple of big weirdos, laughed and shook his head in disbelief. "I think it's pretty fucking clear who the better looking one is, unless you're finally starting to lose your vision after a century..."

"Ha ha, Bucky's old, sure, never heard that one before, you bird-brained asshole!" James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, part-time Avenger, full time non-traditional college student, and one of said weirdos, shot back at his friend. "Zoe, help me out here?" he called to his girlfriend, who was pulling more cookies out of the oven for the two eating machines.

"I plead the fifth on this one, boys..." Zoe Jacobs, Nurse Practitioner, friend and occasional helper of certain super people, and weirdo extraordinaire, snickered at her best friend and her partner of almost 3 years bickering like a couple of old ladies. "My opinion is highly biased, and besides, who gives a shit what some trashy magazine says?"

The guys had been arguing over some fluff piece ranking how hot the current crop of super people were, and though she didn't want to be dragged into their nonsense, she couldn't help herself. "Also, we all know who the best looking one is out of all of you, living or dead, and even you idiots can't argue it..."

"Romanoff." the guys said in unison, rolling their eyes, knowing that Nat was truly prettier that all of them put together.

"Exactly. Now shut it down..." Zoe got a mischievous twinkle in her big green eyes as she sat down on the couch next to Bucky. "Though if you really want my honest opinion..."

"YES! Spill it, woman!" Sam yelled. "So help me god if you say fucking Stark..."

"He was kinda dreamy..." she laughed. "...but way too high maintenance, thanks. The fact that Pepper didn't win some kind of Nobel Prize for putting up with him...No, I was actually going to give the honor to you, my dear sweet avian friend, seeing as you are the most consistently gorgeous of the lot."

"Are you fucking serious right now?!" Bucky growled incredulously at his best girl. "Please tell me you're kidding? No fucking way, nuh uh..."

"Calm down, my love." she laughed and patted his leg. "All I'm saying is look at this specimen of awesome right here?" she was trying hard not to smirk as Sam beamed at her. "The smile that can melt glaciers? Those deep dark eyes you can get lost in? That authoritative voice that's also the best laugh on the planet? And don't get me started on how good he smells..."

"You tell 'em, Z!" Sam bellowed. "No lies detected, Tinman! Also, don't forget whose magnificent ass has multiple instagram fan pages? The Round Brown might need its own publicist soon..."

"Of course, how could anyone forget your only real superpower, Samuel?" Zoe rolled her eyes and snickered. "Seriously, though, I'm extremely biased because I have the most beautiful of all of you all to myself," she squeezed Bucky's arm, "but, my love, you know you make some of the most unbelievably ridiculous faces, like all the time?" she started to crack up. "It's actually one of the things I adore most about you. You don't care how insane you look, you just go for it. It actually makes you way more beautiful in the long-run."

"If that's not the most backhanded compliment I've ever heard..." Sam laughed. "She's right, though, Terminator...you do give off a fair bit of BDAE when you make your stupid faces."

"BDAE?" Bucky asked, less than amused. "I thought that was a good thing? Isn't that big di..."

"It's 'Big Dumb Ass Energy', you idiot!" Sam cut him off, howling at this point. "What did you think the A stood for?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure, but what the hell, Zoe?" Bucky turned to face her, trying not to make one of those faces they were laughing about. "Do I really look stupid?"