20. Welcome To Paradise

Ayo had made sure to wake up all the passengers when they began their descent into Wakanda. She couldn't wait to see the surprised faces as they approached the protective shield that covered the country. Though there were plenty of people on board who knew what was about to happen, they didn't ruin it for the first timers.

"Um, please tell me there's a door somewhere?!" Zoe pleaded as the jet drew closer to what appeared to be some sort of geodesic dome over a savanna. "Also, where is the airport?"

"Just wait, love." Bucky squeezed her hand, excited to see her reaction. "This never gets old..."

The closer they got, the more nervous gasps filled the cabin. Those who were aware of what was coming reassured the newbies while the crew remained calm and stone-faced. As they came within meters of the shield, an announcement came over the intercom.

"Welcome to paradise on earth, my friends!" Ayo proudly declared. "Wakanda awaits!"

Suddenly the sky looked like it dissolved, revealing the most gorgeous and advanced skyline many of them had ever seen. The city was flanked by rolling mountains and lush grasslands. Three smaller, practically extraterrestrial looking aerial vehicles flanked the jet as soon as it entered the airspace to escort them to the airport. To all on board, it was breathtaking, but for the previously uninitiated, it was like seeing the world in color for the first time.

As the craft landed like a feather, the guests were in awe. Even those who had experienced the country before were loving seeing it again through the bewildered eyes of friends and loved ones. Many were speechless, unable to comprehend the other worldly beauty just outside their windows.

Zoe was one of the speechless. As she tried to wrap her head around where she was, she was suddenly reminded why she was there when she saw a group of Dora Milaje approaching on the tarmac. She sat up straighter and braced for whatever was next.

The door of the jet opened and Okoye entered, in full battle gear, spear in hand. Flanked by 6 other Dora, she looked directly at Zoe with her signature fierce gaze. She slammed her spear on the floor three times and called out to the guests of honor.

"White Wolf! Zoe Jacobs! On behalf of the nation of Wakanda!" Okoye yelled.

"On behalf of the nation of Wakanda!" The other Dora yelled in response.

"We welcome you home!" Okoye yelled.

"We welcome you home!" The rest of the Dora yelled in chorus.

"And prepare to have your ass officially kicked!" Okoye finally cracked and laughed, grabbing Bucky in a headlock. "Welcome home, my friend! Thank you for finally bringing your better half with you!" She released Bucky and went to hug Zoe.

"It is about damn time we got you here!" The intimidating warrior laughed harder as she saw the nerves radiating off her. "Come on, we have much to do! Hurry up, old man! We need to show her around!" She called to Bucky as she pulled Zoe out the door.

"Well, that was some introduction..." Sarah let out the breath she was holding. "They just meant kicking his ass, right?"

"Do not worry, White Wolf is the only ass on the kicking docket today." Ayo chuckled. "Come, let us show you around!"

The rest of the guests deplaned and were taken to the resort they would all be staying at. Those who wanted a tour boarded an open-air transport to see the city, while those who just wanted to relax stayed and enjoyed the amenities at their temporary home.

Zoe and Bucky were taken directly to the palace to see the royal family. Zoe could not hide her excitement and amazement at her surroundings, asking questions of Bucky and Okoye as they sped through town. Bucky was loving seeing her so taken with the place that was so special to him, especially when she would ask him to explain what she was seeing and her face would light up even more at his reply. He knew she would love it there and was so thankful he got to show her. Okoye also enjoyed seeing her friend so wonder-struck and teased her for being so sheltered.