29 : The Freeing Screams

I feel so much. Even just the attempt to save these two escalated so quickly. Now I can already feel the power in me. The scales, the hiss, the speed, the eyes, and the venom. All of them are poisoning me and I can already taste destruction. I am turning into the beast I am avoiding to free...the beast I am destined to be.

"Dea!"

Rinig kong sambit ni Jacob. I saw that Dea is touching her baby bump and liquids are flowing from her. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, panubigin niya iyon. Pumutok na at senyales lamang iyon na manganganak na si Dea.

Two of the scavengers preying on us attacked. Wala naman akong ibang ginawa kung hindi ang harangan sila't hawakan. One touch, one slight touch of me onto their skin, every life inside them died. The moment I touched them and looked at them as they turn into ashes being blown by the heavy wind, I cannot feel but to be so lowly and dirty, yet it satisfies me at the same time. Matapos kong mapatay ang dalawang scavenger sa loob lamang ng halos ilang pikit mata ay dumalo na ako kakaagad kina Jacob at Dea. Marahas kong hinila sa ulo ang scavenger at pinaluhod iyon sa aking harapan saka unti-unti nang pinapanood siyang maging abo. I watch it scream out of pain while I get full the way the scream gives me strength.

"Lilac, manganganak na si Dea. We must get to a safe place. A safer place. A lot of them will go here because they heard noises. Ilang minuto lamang ang bibilangin, mapupuno na nila ang lugar na ito."

I heard Jacob's bothered voice as he trembles. His hands, both of him and Dea's are full of blood. Mukhang hindi rin siya makatingin sa akin nang diretso at ramdam na ramdam ko ang kaniyang takot.

Am I that ugly?

I am trying to snap out of being the serpentine and bring back the Lilac in me that gets jailed every time she is freed, but somethings don't feel so good. I breathe differently, I see things in gore, I see perspectives not a human eye can see, the thirst and greed at the same time, they are eating me. This is the consequence of having the same prowess bestowed in me.

"Lilac..." si Jacob. Mukhang nag-aalala na lalo na at wala akong ibang ginawa kung hindi ang titigan silang dalawa. Hindi umiimik o kumikilos man lamang. I am just standing from where I killed three scavengers in such as short span of time. "Lilac...three more of them."

Mabilis akong naging alerto. For some reasons, it is not Jacob's warning that made me look at where he is looking, but it is my sharp senses that told me there are so many creatures breathing that needed to go away. I don't know if I should keep on killing them or should I stop because of the consequences this will do in the main world, all I know is I am the one in the top of the food chain. Walang marapat na humarang sa aking daan at kung mayroon man, they'll be ashes to the ground.

Destruction. That is what I am.

I do not turn into a snake, but all the abilities and senses come to me alive. My poison, my venom, is the one that is so lethal one single touch to anything will bring death and destruction. It is hard to control because once it is out, even the tiniest heart in me disappears and gets won over by desires. Mad desires. Dark desires. Dirty desires. Killing desires. Nakita kong sabay-sabay na sumugod ang tatlong scavenger sa aming direksyon. Two are already preying on Jacob and Dea. Hindi ko iyon hinayaan at agad na ginawa ang dapat. In a span of another minute, all three of them are turning into ashes before my eyes. Screams, growls, and snarlings soon faded fast.