05 : The Illness God

"I have no idea who that is." I honestly told him because I really do not know who he is talking about. It might offend him, even the gods themselves, but I really do not know. I only met Ligaya Medicus a while ago and he already left me behind. This time, another chosen one who is introducing himself as the partner of the god of medicine is stuck here with me.

"Who are you?"

He gave me a disappointed look and a silent sigh.

"The god of illness." he nonchalantly said. "I am the chosen one of Bibit. The name is Grunge Desaise."

Agad kong naintindihan ang kaniyang sinabi at napatango-tango pa. He is literally talking about a medicine's opposite being its partner. Medicine and disease. That is quite fun. I smiled and eventually got on the bathtub as I run it with cold water. Sinigurado kong nakaharap ako sa kaniya at makikita ko ang reaksyon niya habang pinapanood akong maligo. He does not seem impressed and I can see why. I look like a mess, and I smell like shit. I will still take that as a compliment though. Habang unti-unting napupuno ng tubig ang paliguan ay isa-isa ko ring tinatanggal ang mga natitira ko pang damit. Dahan-dahan kong kinukuskos ang mga dumi at dugo sa katawan ko. Nang tingnan ko naman si Grunge ay napangiti ako nang marahan nang mapagtantong iniiwasan niya ang direksyon ko. Nakikita ko pa nga ang pagpikit niya. He might be uncomfortable with me or just really the fact that he is tired and wants some sleep.

"I'm quite in awe na hindi bayag ang divine marking mo." basag ko sa katahimikan. Ikinamulat niya iyon at nagtataka ang mukha. "Dahil ang partner mo, tite ang divine marking. Believe me, I was confused when I saw Ligaya Medicus with that. Bibit is a minor fertility god too, right?"

I saw him heave a sigh and closed his eyes again. He continued what he was doing, and I was left to just stare at him.

Ligaya Medicus and Grunge Desaise are both a beauty. They really should earn the title of being partners.

(Grunge Desaise)

[Bibit. In Philippine mythology, he is a phallic and illness god who is the partner of the medicine god 'Lingga'. He gives illnesses if not given recognition in the ordinary course of daily activities. When Lingga shifted into a god of medicine, he continued giving illnesses to people who do not recognize his existence in everyday life. He has no definite emblem but also male genitalia. He is also regarded as a minor fertility deity.]

Napaisip naman ako. If the chosen one of the god of medicine and the chosen one of the god of disease is here, this is quite an even more interesting set-up. Those sick people, they might know something. These two can work on together to find out what is wrong, how to tame them without killing them, or even better to cure them. Napapangiti tuloy ako.