❌️Chapter 43❌️

❌️Violence/Abuse in this chapter.

Thank you for 11k on November 29th❤️

Just started writing chapter 81 like it isn't 4 AM 😵‍💫 Still no end quite in sight, but I think it's cultivating in my mind finally. So maybe soon. I'm pretty sure it will reach pretty close to but no more than 100 chapters. If more, then 105 at most. But let's hope I end this roller coaster before it reaches twice as long as any of my other books 😅

Edit: NAH MAN IF YOU GUYS GOT A NOTIFICATION FOR THAT CHAPTER 81 I MENTIONED, MY CAT DID THAT 😭 I LAID DOWN MY PHONE AND HE JUMPED ON IT AND HIS TOEBEAN HIT THE PUBLISH BUTTON--

THAT'S THE SECOND TIME IN MY WATTPAD CAREER THAT A CAT HAS PUBLISHED AN UNFINISHED CHAPTER 😭

***

~Hyunjin's POV~

"You remember the drill, don't you?" I asked Jeongin as we were pulling into his old hometown in my car.

Jeongin looked over at me with a nervous smile when I asked.

"Yes. I know it, I'm just...nervous. Hyung, what if I can't get back out?"

"Don't worry about that, kid. Seungmin and I will make sure you get home safe and sound. I'll be sticking around in the area until you're for sure out of there. I've got a room at a nearby hotel, so if anything turns up, text me and I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Assuming that they don't take my phone..."

"That," I smiled as I pulled out a new phone. "Is why I got you another one. Hide your real phone on your body and act like this one is your real phone."

He looked at the phone I held a bit warily, but obediently took it. I tried not to laugh when the omega wiggled in his seat and pulled his pants and underwear away from his body enough to shimmy his real phone inside, before he pocketed the new one.

"Can you tell it's in there?" He asked, looking up at me.

"No. Just hope it doesn't fall out."

"It won't. My underwear is skin tight." He mumbled confidently. "And my pants are not, so you can't see it."

"Good." I mumbled, as we started getting closer to the address his family home was at. "Make sure you call me if you need anything. When you get out, or if you need me to come before you sneak out. Okay?" I said, as I glanced over at him.

"Okay." He mumbled softly as his eyes fell to his lap. We were silent for a bit, before he softly asked, "Why isn't Seungmin hyung here with us?"

"Because someone needs to be back in Seoul running things at the company, and they'll be less likely to find you after you sneak out if you're with someone you have no reason to be with. They don't know our connection, so you're safer with me when you escape." I said as I started slowing down my car as we closed in on the target address. "Trust me, Seungmin wanted to be here. But he couldn't come too." I mumbled, before I sent him a smile. "Don't worry about him. You'll see him before long."

"Yeah, when I get out, after the three hour trip to get back home." He mumbled a bit dejectedly, before he unbuckled, preparing to get out.

"Yeah." I mumbled back, before I stopped the car. Jeongin didn't get out immediately. Instead, he lingered. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, but leaned over and hugged me a bit awkwardly. I frowned a little when I felt him trembling. I wrapped my arms around him too, reassuringly crooning for the omega. He clung to me for a bit longer, before he slowly let his grip on me go. He pulled away, looking me in the eyes nervously one last time, before he got out of my car without so much as a goodbye.