CHAPTER 18

SORRY IT TOOK MY SO LONG TO UPLOAD THIS CHAPTER, I'M HAVING A HRAD TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO MY CHARACTERS..HAHAHA

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND LIKE MY STORY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

*BRANDON WALTER*

I stroke my hand through my hair, thinking of what is going to happen. This has been a roller coaster ride for us, at least for me. First we met unexpectedly again. Second, we learned that we knew each other, and that I liked her back in the days, and eventually still liking her until now or even love her. Third is my confession to her about my feelings, but then she chose William instead of me. The last but certainly not the least, was her confession that she might love me. I don't know what to do in this kind of situation, it was never taught in schools. Stupid me.

I know she doesn't want William to be hurt, it hurts to admit William is a good guy, well at least he's less than a womanizer than I am. I know he's serious about Devon but ... I don't know.

 I never thought that loving someone could be this hard and complicated. Why do I have to like or love a girl that is the girlfriend of my own best friend? Well, technically I knew her first. I liked her first and eventually I loved her first.

I woke up the next day, still disturbed of the confrontation that took place between me and Devon. I have to go to the office, I don't know if she's going to be there.

*DEVON MCKNIGHT*

I looked at the the mirror. Argh, my eyes are all puffed from crying last night. I washed my face to ease the puffiness of my face.

"Why are you here?" I jumped as a middle aged man stood behind me. Mr. Brown his hands are on his waist, eyebrow raised.

"Uhm...I slept here." I said then face the sink again to wash my face, my make-up are all over my face.

"Yeah I knew that you slept here, but my question was why are you sleeping here?" He cleared.

"Well I had problems that I don't want the girls to worry, so I just went here." I explained, looking at him hoping that he wouldn't ask more questions. I'm not in the mood.

"I know you're not in the mood right now young lady.." He said, thank goodness he can read between the lines. "...but you have to tell somebody about that, cause you look haggard. And if that continues, I will regret having crush on you on my young age." He said trying to lighten up the mood.

I laughed at his joke. "Get a wife Mr. Brown." I punched him teasingly. "I have to go now, I still have to change." I said. He just smirks and nodded.

I walked home, cause I didn't brought my car yesterday, and I learned my lesson the hard way for not bringing it. I regret it...not so much though. The thoughts of Brandon yesterday flooded into my memory. I shook my head thinking. "I am so stupid for saying that to him...I'm doomed. How can I ever face him, and William."

I opened the door slowly, hoping that they are all gone for work. But my hopes fell on the floor when I saw them standing in front of me, hands cross in front their chests, and trust me their eyebrows rose higher this time.

"Hi?" I said, and smiled at them.

"Where have you been?" Pat said.

"Why didn't you call that you're not coming home last night?" Mizzy said.

"Did you know how much worried we were, trying to figure out where were you, if you had been robbed or raped and worst murdered!" Edhen exclaimed in exaggeration.

I rolled my eyes. "That's too morbid you know. I'm sorry okay, I just had a bad day yesterday so I didn't come home, so that you won't worry about me." I said, regretting that I said I had a bad day. They will make a fuss out of this.

"So much for your plan, you still made us worry, you know that?!" Pat said. I looked down, like I was kid scolded by her mom.

"I'm sorry."

"We know, but next times please do call, were family here you know." Edhen said, and went near me to hug me. The other girls follow.

"yeah, and whatever happens we will still worry about you." Mizzy said. At that I started to cry on their shoulders as we made a group hug. I feel so blessed or lucky; whatever you call that, to have friends like them.

"Shhh, so what happened?" Pat said.

So I started what happened yesterday about Brandon. On how I found out that he left because of me, he changed because of and many more. I also told them about what happen in his house. I told them everything.

"Wow, that was..." Mizzy said, being speechless on the last word.

"I know right." I said, still crying and sneezing to the poor tissue.

"What are you going to do now?" Edehn asked the hardest question for me at the moment.

"I don't know either; I don't even know how to face him and William. I feel like I'm cheating on him by liking Brandon. I feel so... ashamed of myself right now."

"Well just tell William that you don't really love him, and that..it's his fault it's yours." Pat said the lamest excuse that a person might use to break up with someone that they fell out of love with.

My mouth fell slightly open when she said that. "That is so lame, that line must have been used over and over again by people who don't know how to break up with their partner."

"Well do you know how to break up with him, or how to make him feel that you didn't really, I mean 'really' loved him?" Mizzy said. It stabbed me in the heart.

I like William, he's a good man, and not to mention how gorgeous he is, how he showed he's care for me. How he comfort me when I feel down. But being selfish of not letting him go now, would eventually hurt him more, will hurt me and also Brandon.

"I don't know." I just sobbed.

The girls comforted me but they have to go to work and me too. I still have to face William and Brandon.

I fixed myself , took a shower, eat my breakfast and went to work.

"Morning beautiful." William greeted me with he's beautiful smile.

I smiled back half-heartedly. Feeling guilty. "Morning."

"What happen?" He asked. He noticed, I guess it's very obvious.

"Nothing."

"You're lying, I know there's something wrong." He insisted.

I bit my lower lip feeling guilty, and I know I have to tell him sooner or later. "Ok. I'll tell you, but not now, were still working."

He smiled then let go of my waist that was wrapped around his arms, and gently kiss me. "As you wish my princess." Heb said and went inside his office.

I dropped myself to my chair, now the feeling of guilt and regret is invading my whole being. I don't want to let go a guy like him, but I also don't want to hurt a good man like him. I don't understand myself for liking or loving Brandon instead of him. I don't even know if this is love that I'm feeling for him. I'm so confused.