Chapter 8: The Chase

A/N: Hello!

As promised, the second chapter of this week! There will be some reveals! So I hope that you'll enjoy them!

With that said, let's get this show on the road!!!

*** *** ***

Jaune is standing in Ozpins office. His hood is down and scarf is wrapped around his hips like a sash. His face is bandaged, covering his right eye, while under his left eye there are several band-aids. His neck and arms that are visible are covered in bandages as well. Next to him sat Winter and Glynda. Both of them were in similar condition, only Glynda had her left arm in the cast, while Winters left leg was in a cast as well. Her left arm was in a sling, showing that it was sprained. Ozpin was the only one who was okay, casually sipping his coffee while looking over Crocea Mors.

"Jaune. First of all, congratulation on your new relationship status with Glynda and Ms. Schnee. Now, onto the main issue. Are you aware of the legend behind your family sword?" He asked.

"It was used by my Great-Great-Grandfather in a war. Nobody has ever told me anything else about it. In fact, I'm the only one who has ever used it since Great-Great-Grandfathers death." Jaune said with a raised eyebrow. He liked the sword, but it had Arc crest on it, and repainting it would be blasphemous, so it was now in his dorm room, serving as proof of his failure. 

"This sword has another name: "The Mystic Blade Of Ruler". It has a certain properties. First of all, nobody besides the chosen ruler can draw it." To demonstrate it, Ozpin lifted the sword and tried to pull it out, to no avail. Once he put it down, he continued.

"The second property is that it changes its form to a certain extent to accommodate preferences of its new user. Please, hold it in front of you and flood it with your Aura. The incantation to awaken the sword to it's full potential will come to you naturally." Ozpin pushed the blade towards Jaune, who stood up and limped towards Ozpins desk, from which he lifted the sword and used his Aura on it. After a few seconds, he closed his eyes and chanted.

For it is through knowledge that we achieve tranquility.

Through it we become paragons of wisdom and skill to surpass the heaven above.

Infinite in growth and unbound by hate, I awaken your mind and by my hand raised thee."

The next moment Crocea Mors shined in whitish gold light, and once it subsided, in Jaunes hands a new sword was held.

The sword was elegant black blade with golden accents along the cross-guard, handle and pommel. The shape of the blade had become slightly narrower, but it's sharpness has increased. The handle, pommel and cross-guard also slightly changed from plain looking into elegant arming sword design.

Sheath also changed shape slightly. It became thinner, and it's color changed into black with gold details. With a flick, Jaune expanded the sheath into it's shield mode. The shield was regal looking black heather shield with golden wave like patterns around the edges, leaving the middle of the shield empty.

 The shield was regal looking black heather shield with golden wave like patterns around the edges, leaving the middle of the shield empty