3.Time skip

CHAPTER 3.

Y/Ns pov.

" that's the last one," the woman told the client. Her metal hand was covered with a cloak making me wonder why she always hides it. Her other hand reached for the note in the buyer's hand, to sign something. As soon as she did the man threw a pouch of metal coins at her, making me chuckle.

It was just another boring day of working for Silco, with Sevika by my side," what's so funny?" She glared, sending me a stare of ' if you won't stop letting out noises I'll shove my mental hand through your throat.

I just shrugged, placing the last bag into the carriage and tapping the wooden surface informing that the horses can move now," just remembered something funny, that's all" my hands rubbed against each other, wiping the dust away as I stood up straight facing Sevika.

" yeah right," Sevika scoffed, walking past me," let's hurry up, you know Silco will be pissed if we're late to the meeting". It wasn't new that she was afraid of Silco. Always doing what he orders. Now I don't know if I can call her loyal, a coward, or a traitor.

Sevika did betray my father years ago. Yet spending almost every day with her as Silcos henchman I came to like her a little bit. She was the only person here anyways. Even if this woman called my father weak.

A whine left my lips as I caught up to her," do I have to attend?" At this point, I'd do anything to not go there, more specifically Silcos Office, where the psycho hangs out all day long. Making me wonder if she lives there.

" Sorry, kiddo, Life's a pain in the ass" Sevika grinned knowing damn well I'm pissed and in a bad mood. She liked when I was like that, and thought it was funny.

" you know that she will be there" I rolled my eyes, worry, and sadness crawled into my chest again. Although that feeling is always with me, I hide it, " can you please just get me out of it again, one last time, Sev", I fluttered my eyelashes pleading at her cutely, not caring if that would be cringe.

The woman looked at me, still not stopping in her tracks," can't do. I already got you out last time." She shrugged. I couldn't help but notice how muscled her shoulders and arms were. No lies, the woman was hot, even if she was twice as old as me. I did get the chance to make out with her once, we never spoke of it again though.

" so? Just do it again, I'm sure Silco won't miss me" the last part was an intended joke. Silco and I never had a good relationship, unlike him and Jinx who had a ' father n daughter' relationship after what happened.

" you know he gets pissed when you're not where you're supposed to be" as she said that she nodded her head to the guards of the last drop which now has drastically changed. Neon lights we everywhere. I can't lie, it does look kind of cool with the music and all, yet I miss my father's style more.

I let out a sigh, accepting that there was no way to get out of this ridiculous meeting anymore.

We finally made our way up the staircase to Silcos office, the place I hated, with the people inside I hated the most. Of course, as soon as I stepped into the office my eyes met with the blue-haired girl sitting right on Silco's table, playing with some old dirty papers.

After the incident when I woke up I was all alone in the stupid basement, and when Powder had come back she wasn't alone at all. She was with Silco. The man who murdered my parents. If it wasn't bad enough I found out that Powder had killed both of my brothers and Vi.

I couldn't forgive Powder for what she has done. Even if it was an accident. Even if she was saving them. So we never talked much after that. All the times she tried to speak to me I'd ignore her or tell her to piss off. I still watched her turn into Jinx. And now Powders gone.

" ah, Y/N, finally, you're here for once", Silco spoke in his deep voice. A wave of disgust washed over me like a tide. I hated him more than I hated Jinx. It was all his fault. He made Powder into Jinx.
I'm only working for him to stay alive. To get revenge.

" Where else could I be sir" I faked a smile, trying to fight the urge to sound sarcastic as I walked to the table. Right next to Jinx. She was following and watching every move I made and every step I took.

Our eyes met only once, there was always some sadness in hers, I knew it was only when she was looking at me. After a second I brought my eyes to Silco, who sat in his chair what used to be my father's.

" I haven't seen you in a week", he crossed his hands," that's a long time Y/N." I knew he was mad, yet he kept calm, so I didn't really give a fuck "as your boss I expect you to show up at least once a week. Do you understand?".

I wanted to shove his stupid pencils into his rotten eye at the moment, good thing I can control my anger, unlike Jinx. She was a total psycho now. I have caught her talking and shouting at no one a lot.

" yes, sir I understand." I gritted through my teeth. Barely keeping it together.

Silco slowly nodded, getting up from his chair and walking over to me," I need you to do a job", he's getting straight to the point," partnering with Jinx".

Anger boiled inside of me at his words and I couldn't keep it together anymore as Jinx had a cocky smirk on," fuck no. I'm not even breathing the same air as this psycho".

With those words, the smirk was quickly whipped off her face and changed to hurt and anger instead. Yet she didn't even let out a word.

Sevika chuckled from behind me," you're already doing it kiddo, you have no choice, remember." Her voice got lower with each word, warning me.

Silco didn't wait for my other answer and spoke" you'll have to take out some firelights, they've been roaming around the shimmer factories planning something".

Good, maybe they will fuck up your business, I thought to myself.

_________________

My fingers slowly brushed onto the picture frames full of dust. After the meeting, I got down to the basement. I don't come here often, I have my own room in the same building as Silco now, although Jinx lives there too, I have no choice, it's either that or living in the streets.

The memories flooded into my head, and I couldn't avoid them. Tears wanted to come out yet my face kept emotionless. I rarely cry, all the trauma from the past left me empty. Losing people you love is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

One picture got my attention. It was Vi and Powder posing with bombs, they both had huge smiles on their faces. It's sad how they never knew what the future holds.

One tear rolled down my cheek, and that's when I heard a crack on the floor,

" hey, silly"