17. Risk

CHAPTER 17.

Y/Ns pov.

" what are you doing?", I closed the half-broken door behind me after stepping into the abandoned place Vi was at. The girl's hands were wrapped around a loose pipe, her knuckles red and toned as she pushed herself up.

" I'm ", she lifted herself once," doing push-ups", a scoff came from her, annoyed that she had to answer something obvious.

I tossed the bag of food I got her onto the old dusty bed. This place used to be a hideout for little Powder and the red-haired girl. It was a bit chilly here, that's not how I remember it. My hands rubbed together creating some heat," I brought you some food".

Vi didn't say anything, there was only sharp breathing echoing through the whole place. She didn't seem like she was cold at all.

"It's not much, but", I let out a sigh, watching as her muscles flexed with each push-up," that's all I could sneak into my bag", my shoulders shrugged, eyes still not leaving her sweaty skin.

She remained quiet, too concentrated on her entertaining activity. A roll of my eyes and I plopped onto the mattress, bitter that she wouldn't reply to me. It was fair, all I've been doing is avoiding her questions about Jinx and the plan. Vi was impatient, it's how she was.

Thinking about Jinx, a shy smile crept up my face, there was no doubt that I wanted to spend every second with her. She made me feel different, even if every time I looked at her I was reminded of my dead family, there was some sort of home sense in her presence.

" Earth to Y/N", Vi's hand, wrapped into a white cloth, waved in front of my face. I was so lost in my and Jinx's world that I didn't see Vi being this close to me.

I slammed her hand away from my face, sneering at the strong scent of sweat reaching my nostrils and earning a 'tired of your bullshit' look from her," c'mon, I'm not eating this shit", she lazily swung her hand at the bag of food.

My brows frowned thickly, trying to find where I actually ever gave a fuck," you don't have a choice", I grinned warmly, yet, sarcastically. Vi wasn't joking, her arms flew to each of my sides as I sat on the bed; her face was closer to mine than the sea and the sand together. I stared at her eyes, they were so different than when I last saw her as a teenage girl.

" you have no idea what prison food is like huh?", she looked calm, but the calmness had a strange glint of unsettlement.

It would be a nasty lie if I said that I wasn't getting excited when I saw her like this. My head shook once and I gifted her an innocent smirk to anger her more," we can't risk anyone seeing you".

Vi held eye contact as if the house would crumble if she looked away for a second, her stare was deep, twirling its way into my soul," no one will recognize me", she grounded her teeth.

The gap between us was almost filled with her body pressed to mine as she backed me away into the bed. I broke the eye contact, not baring to look at her as Jinx's image slipped through my mind," fine".

Accepting was the only way I could get out from beneath her frame. The risk was huge, but if I know Vi well, she won't let it slide.

______________

" you'll get us killed", I whisper-shouted at her, holding the fabric of my hood in front of my face, my eyes running around each face of a person who passes by with paranoia.

" relax", Vi mumbled, her mouth stuffed with fish from Jericho, yellow liquid running down her face every time she spoke made memories rush into my head. We used to come here to eat every day. Back when we were a happy family.