Trouble in paradise.

A,N: Hello dear readers. Sorry for the delay, but my writing updates will go very slow for now on. Kinda had a terrible crack in back at the start of August. It is slowly getting better, but still having trouble sitting and writing over a long period of time. So sorry about that. This took so long writing, but hopefully you will still like it. I am learning Japanese too, so if you were wondering why I express myself in that way in my writing that is why. Oh, and having some few theories on the Vrains universe that the show didn't deliver. Will gain merit as the story goes on. Have fun reading.

Yusaku's p.o.v.

The white light emitted all around him and made the young Yusaku hold his breath. Fear creeped around him as he was trying to progress the situation. It was easier said than done considering the panic attack that was steadily rising in him. It was holding him in an internal hold of suffering that had him gasp viciously. It was unbearable!

"No. No. No!", he shouted in pure distress and grabbed around his ears to try and block everything off. Nothing helped as this voice creeped around like some sort of ghost.

"You lose!".

Pain radiated in his body and Yusaku couldn't keep himself from screaming. At first. Everything was just too agonizing.

"It is not real", Yusaku then whispered to himself. "This is just... a... a nightmare". And just on cue things became different. Brighter if that was possible.

"Hey, hey come on. Don't give up", this new smoothing voice said. "Think of three. Three things can get you through anything".

Yusaku blinked as he realized the door to his white cell was open. The authorities were coming to get him. Just like they always were and had last time. This time however, Yusaku was changing the script just a bit.

"Wait, what about you? Are you captured as well?", he asked his savior.

"You are safe. That is all that matters", was the only thing it responded with.

Yusaku could not live with that. The guilt he had been feeling every single time he was thinking about it. No matter how much his shrink said it had been an illusion conjured up by his own distress. A coping mechanism they called it. Yusaku believed. He still believed they were out there even though all evidence claimed they weren't. Even his beloved Crissy had not heard or seen this individual, and she had been in the incident herself. That said, she did believe him. Unlike everyone. She wanted him to keep this hope alive. That meant more to him than anything. At least one person believed him.

"I have to go now", The voice continued with and made Yusaku gasp in horror.

"No! Please don't leave!", he shouted and began to run.

Run like there was no tomorrow as he was trying to catch the voice of hope. To save his savior. But he didn't get far as a dark like creature in black colors and had fang arms, were holding him in a tight grip.

"You belong to me", the creature stated in this creepy voice. And of course, Yusaku couldn't keep himself from screaming.

"Playmaker! Playmaker Wake up!". Yusaku gasped surprised as he woke up.

He was drenched in sweat. The nightmare vividly in his mind. What had just happened? He had tons of nightmares in his life. All being consistent with the same topic somewhat. However, this time it had been different. The monster at the end was different.