Together - Part 1

"So... she's gone," said Caboose quietly, sounding sad. It was only a little while after the battle, and the ARC Troopers, or what was left of them, now sat in their training room, a brief reprieve while the teams that were in charge of cleaning up began to assess damage and the medics in the med bay all worked overtime. Caboose himself had just come from a shift to spend a little time with his brothers before he rested.

This was their training room... her training room. Their Ver'alor had been... darjetti? It had spread like wildfire since the battle, several of the men having seen her chasing down that harpy Ventress with a red lightsaber in her hand.

They didn't know how she'd gotten ahold of one, or how she'd used the Force so powerfully to stop a ship mid-flight like that. Almost everyone had seen it, and if they hadn't, there was plenty of holo-footage to check.

The officials of the Republic had already issued a notice that former Lieutenant-General Siren of the training facilities of Kamino was wanted for questioning by the Jedi and the Republic. Officially it was an inquiry, unofficially... well it ranged from a rogue Jedi, Separatist spy or even another Sith.

"I can't believe it..." muttered Rex. He'd barely stopped working, and had only been dragged in by Cody to check on the other ARCs... this news hit them harder than anyone. Rex had given her intel, calls on his progress, about the war... she had regular contact with all of her ARC Troopers... how could it be true?

"She's a traitor then," Hunter said dejectedly, his eyes on the floor.

"The hell she is!" snapped Alpha, he'd just joined them but he was not dragging his feet like the others. He almost stomped around, angrily snapping at anyone that even mentioned Siren's name.

"You heard the Generals, you saw what she did--" Rex began, pushing himself to stand.

"I did." Alpha glared at him, then each of the approximately dozen men in turn. "I saw everything she did. Not just today, but every day, she pushed herself like she pushed all of you. When she was captured a few months ago? She nearly bled out, helping some of Bacara's men escape. She stood for us against the long necks, she put everything into our training so we could survive..." He poked Rex in the chest plate firmly, making the Captain have to take a step back. "You all know it, you all saw it. I don't give a damn what the officials say. I saw her face when she had to listen to Havoc, Colt and Ninety-Nine die. No spy could fake that. And you all know it." There was a tense silence.

"But... then why would she hide her powers? The lightsaber?" asked Caboose nervously.

"I don't know, but I don't care," Alpha replied. "She never liked to talk about personal things, and it isn't our damn business. She looked out for us. If she could have been shot instead of Ninety-Nine, would she have done it?" Rex thought about it for a moment and realised that yes... if she had been able to, she would have protected Ninety-Nine herself.

"So then the training program--" Tech began.

"Will come under my jurisdiction. Siren and I had everything settled. We were prepared for this." Alpha seemed less angry now. Rex frowned slightly.

"She knew she would have to leave?" Cody spoke up.

"We weren't expecting it so soon... but yes. Even then, does it really matter?" Alpha looked at him and Cody shook his head.

"I guess not." Though he didn't seem fully convinced.

"She might not be the Lieutenant-General... but she's still Ver'alor," Rex said finally. He was certain, she was a good person. She cared. Despite her occasional comment about being a monster. No, she was one of them.