Chapter 2: Initiation

No One's POV

As Ruby and Zuki were sitting at the entrance of the school, a blonde guy in knight-like armor walked up to them and stretched a hand out to them. The two of them looked up and saw who it was.

???: Hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: Ruby.

Ruby said as she accepted the hand and got up from the ground. Zuki, however didn't accept it and just floated up the stand on his feet.

Zuki: Just call me Zuki.

Suddenly, Ruby chuckled to herself for a moment.

Ruby: Wait, aren't you the guy who threw up on the ship?

(Mini Timeskip)

Shortly after that interaction, the three of them were walking down a pathway as Jaune was telling Zuki and Ruby about his motion sickness.

Jaune: All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on.

Zuki: Maybe to you it is.

Ruby: Look, I'm sorry. Vomit boy was the first thing that came to mind.

Jaune: Oh yeah? What if I called you both Crater-faces?

Ruby: Hey, that explosion was an accident.

Zuki: Still think it was Weiss' fault.

Jaune: Well the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls of the tongue, ladies love it.

Ruby and Zuki looked at each other then looked at Jaune with a raised eyebrow.

Zuki and Ruby: Do they?

Jaune: They will... Well, I hope they will...

Zuki: Whatever you say, buddy...

Shortly after that conversation, Ruby decided to change the topic.

Ruby: So... I got this thing.

Ruby then pulled out her weapon and stabbed the blade into the ground, surprising Jaune

Jaune: Woah! Is that a scythe?!

Ruby: It's also a customizable, high impact velocity sniper rifle.

Jaune: A wha...?

Ruby and Zuki: It's also a gun.

Jaune: Oh. That's cool!

Jaune the shifted his attention to Zuki.

Jaune: What about you Zuki? I haven't seen you with a weapon this entire time.

Zuki just scoffed as he smirked.

Zuki: That's because I don't need any. My fists are the only weapons that I need.

Ruby: That sounds like something Yang would say. So, what've you got Jaune?

Jaune: Oh, uh...

Jaune then unsheathes the sword on his hip.