Chapter 7: The Stray

No One's POV

Right now, Zuki and the others are walking around in Vale, mostly because Weiss dragged them out to see the Vytal Festival, much to Zuki's annoyance. As they continued walking, they come across a sign that says "Welcome to Vale".

 As they continued walking, they come across a sign that says "Welcome to Vale"

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

Zuki then got close to Weiss' face, making her blush a bit.

Zuki: Who are you and what have you done with the real Snowflake?

Weiss pushes Zuki away and turns to face the others.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking.

Yang just sighed out of boredom.

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Zuki: Agreed. Other than the tournament, there's nothing to be excited over.

Weiss: Quiet you two.

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish...

Zuki: We're next to the ocean Ruby. What else would it smell like?

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

Zuki: You just want to spy on them for the tournament, don't you?

Weiss: Hey! You can't prove that!

Ruby: Woah.

As she said that, Zuki, Yang, Blake, and Weiss all followed her gaze towards the crime scene of a dust shop. They all walked over to see what happened.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again

Ruby: Huh?

Zuki then observed the crime scene more closely and saw burn marks on the walls.

Zuki: 'Those marks... Marks like those could only come from things like my energy blasts... Who else could've possibly done that?'

Zuki then hears the detective mention something about the White Fang, which makes him lose his train of thought.