Chapter 6: A Lesson Learned

No One's POV

It's been a few days since the conversation between Zuki, Jaune, and Pyrrha about finding out that Jaune lied his way into Beacon. Recently though, Jaune's been hanging out with Cardin a lot more recently along with avoiding everyone else. For Zuki, this set off some red flags. Zuki's been asking Jaune about this, but he refuses to tell him anything. He even tried asking Ren, Nora, and Pyrrha, but it was also no luck with those three. As Zuki was walking back to his dorm he saw Jaune talking with Ruby and it looked he made it at the start of their conversation.

Ruby: Hey Jaune.

Zuki: Sup Jaune.

The two of them suddenly startled Jaune, making him turn quickly to face them.

Ruby: Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Oh, uh, nope! Heh, got it!

Jaune says as he pulls out his scroll.

Zuki: So why not go in? I'm sure you're more than excited to spend the field trip with your best bud Cardin.

Zuki says that last part sarcastically.

Jaune: T-that's... uh...

Ruby: So, where have you been lately?

Jaune: I uh...

Just then, Jaune hung his head low as he let out a defeated sigh.

Jaune: I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin's got me on a leash and Pyrrha won't even talk to me... I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.

Jaune slid down the wall until he was sat on the floor.

Jaune: I'm a failure.

Ruby: Nope.

Jaune: Nope?

Ruby: Nope. You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But, what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Zuki: That's a good question. What do you think, Ruby?

Ruby: Mmm... Nope.

Jaune: You know, you two probably aren't easier kind of people to talk about this kind of stuff.

Zuki and Ruby then sat next to Jaune on both sides.

Ruby: Nope! Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid

Jaune slumped.

Zuki: Hell, you were probably a failure when we first met.

Jaune slumped even further as he sighed.

Ruby: But, you can't be one now. You know why?

Jaune: Uh... because-