Chapter 20: Contemplation

In the car, Traviz tossed back the bags.

"Hm? What are you doing? What's with the bags?"

"Aaaahg, shiiit."

"Is everything okay? I heard a few jungle fights up there..." Owen raised his eyebrows to his friend. "Where's my fifty bucks, Troy?"

"Just move. Let's get outta here." Traviz sank into the seat.

"Sorry?"

"GO!"

"Fine..."

After a few minutes, Owen broke the silence:

"You should start explaining yourself, you know... The air's getting heavy in here."

"Just drive," Traviz grunted.

"Did you just get kicked out of The Crib?"

"Shut up."

"Did you?"

"Kinda."

"Kinda?"

"Kinda."

"I see." Owen sighed. "Guess I said too much."

"What?" Traviz raised his head, which was exploding in ache.

"About earlier. I guess you overreacted a little bit... What you just did was suicidal. You're so stupid..."

"I'M NOT STUPID!"

"I'm sorry, but you are. Definitely."

Traviz kicked the dashboard.

"Go on," Owen said, phlegmatic. "Break my car..."

"Uuurgh." Traviz threw back his head again, pulling down the skin of his face.

"Feeling better?"

"Where the fuck we're going?" Traviz rolled the window down and put out his head as if he could recognize the way.

"I was about to ask you. Where do you want me to drop you? Your old house?"

"What?" Traviz closed the window. "Hell no! Jeez, I'm staying in your house!"

The car stopped at the red signal. Owen was staring at Traviz.

"Excuse me?"

"What do you mean excuse me?" Traviz jumped on his seat, terrified.

"Since when did you decide this?"

"Dunno, I just thought... Phants, don't tell me you're- aaargh, Jeez... I wanna die..."

Owen started laughing.

"Why are you laughing??"

"Less than an hour ago you were talking about being a god. Now you wanna die... You're unbelievable."

Traviz shook himself on the seat. "That's not the point! Are you taking me to your house or not? You better-"

Owen sped up at the green sign. "I'll think about it."

"What do you mean you'll think about it? Just do it now! UUrghg..."

"You're gonna break the seat jumping like this..."

"FUCK! W-Why you're so calm? Huh?"

Owen looked at him. "Jeez, why shouldn't I? I'm not the one who's fucked up."

"Whoa, thank you. Just thank you." Traviz shook his head. "You know what? Forget about it. Just drop me here." He reached for his both bags. "I don't need you. I don't need anyone. I'm done."