Chapter 31: Not Like In The Movies

(Owen)

Owen gathered the ingredients and arranged them on the balcony. Traviz stared at them as if they were archaeological finds and also as if he had a considerable visual impairment, for he grabbed all the foods and looked at them very closely, frowning his eyes. Hilarious.

"So..." Owen drew near the amateur researcher. "How was the risotto like?"

"Yo, damn good..."

"Okay, but how?"

"Hmm..." Traviz reflected, laying down the tomato. "There was rice..."

Okay, this is funny...

"...tomato, cheese..."

Traviz stared at Owen, with a look of 'sorry, but it's all I got...'

"So tomato and cheese?" Owen grabbed four tomatoes and the Parmesan. "Got it..."

Traviz rubbed his hands, excited.

Not that he helped much with the cooking. Most of the time, Traviz would walk around the kitchen, opening the cupboards and asking what was this and that and that over there, etc, saving them in the wrong places. When he grabbed the Librium ampule, Owen quickly took it from his hands and locked the wardrobe. Luckily, the naive guy didn't even question. He was so distracted. Owen was, too. It was hard to focus with Traviz around in circles, shuffling behind him, existing so adorably. He asked himself if it was better to leave him out of the kitchen, but he just couldn't do it, either.

"Hmm, seems nice..." Traviz peeked from behind, watching the rice boiling and popping bubbles. "Can I stir?"

"Better not, it's ho-"

Traviz grabbed the wooden spoon and stirred, quite savagely. Owen had to hold the pan to avoid letting it fall burning hot on Traviz's lap.

"Easy, easy..."

After two ridiculous minutes of heavy stir and tension - the rice was drying up from so much stirring - Traviz stated happily:

"Guess I'm a nice cook..."

"Sure you are. Here, let me salt it."

"Can I pour it?"

"Sure."

"Wooo..."

"Oh, you dropped in one place only. Stir well, stir... Yes. Perfect."

Perfect, awesome, beautiful... Just kill me...

"Okay, time to taste it, excuse me." Owen picked a spoon and scooped a portion, feeling Traviz's intense stare from behind.

One, two, three-

"Can I taste it?" Traviz blurted.

"I was just about to ask you."

"Wooo." Traviz was to pick the spoon, but Owen withdrew it, beaming.

"Can I?" Owen asked fondly.

Traviz said nothing. He stared from the spoon to Owen's pleased face, with a 'Oh, my God, really? Wooo...'. He opened his mouth and waited.

Look at you... Should I take a picture?

Traviz took a nice bite and chewed it, eyes wide. The next reaction was instantaneous. Not only did he close his eyes and pulled out his 'hmmmmmm' singing, but he also threw back his body and then crouched, ecstatic. And then he spread on the floor, in a sweet trance.

"Phants..." He sighed. "I love you... I love you... Ahhhh..."

I'll pretend I didn't hear that... Seriously...