Chapter 12

"But what happened next?" Shadow asked sonic as they both were sitting next to one another "Sonia threw her brush at me while Manic was laughing at me, but she ended up going after him too" sonic said laughing "you said you where going to visit them right?" Shadow asked "yeah but i don't know if nows a good time" sonic sighed "why not?" Shadow questioned "well i don't know how they would react about all this" sonic said gesturing towards himself "and I've already gotten beaten up enough for one day" sonic joked as shadow slightly smiled. A red tint formed on sonics face without realizing as he saw the smile on the others face it wasn't a big one but it was still a smile which is something that shadow had never done, at least not to sonic! Sonic continued with his little stories to get the other to keep enjoying them.

"Did i tell you about the time when Sonia and Manic pranked me?" Sonic asked excitedly wanting to tell the story "no, what happened?" Shadow asked "when i used to visit my sibling i would stay a few days and even sleep over" sonic said "so a few days before i ate Sonia's food on 'accident' and she held a grudge so one day Sonia got Manic to work with her and came up with this plan to get back at me" sonic said his cheeks hurting from smiling so much "when i was asleep they put makeup on my face and i had no idea until i saw it on social media of me shopping with the ugliest looking makeup you could imagine" sonic said finally finishing his story after taking many stops to catch his breath from the laughter

It was fun to tell someone about all the random things that happened to him and sonic wasn't just the only one talking shadow was also talking he was talking about all the crazy missions he's been sent on by his asshole of a boss "i was once sent to break into a base of dangerous thugs who were said to be selling drugs, but it was all a lie to get GUN involved they did it because they hated my boss and wanted to ruin his career" shadow said glancing over at sonic to see if he was listening when he saw sonic was paying attention he continued "they were mad that me and rouge defeated them quite easily so when backup came to load up all the criminals one managed to escape and shot me in the arm"

Shadow said surprising sonic "then what!" Sonic asked wanting to hear the rest "well obviously i beat him to a pulp and i was able to heal from the gun shot easily like i always do" shadow said "always?" Sonic repeated "how many times have you been shot before??" Sonic asked "im not sure i just know it was more than three times" shadow said thinking until he started to yawn 'what time is it?' Shadow thought his ears flickered at the sound of birds chirping sonic noticed what he was doing and listened too and when he heard the birds too he froze was it really that early? Where they seriously up all night?

Shadow yawned again causing sonic to yawn as well as exhaustion finally caught up to them.

"Well i guess we should rest for now" shadow said looking over to sonic who stood up and stretched shadow laid down on the now empty space on the couch and closed his eyes he could hear footsteps coming back his way "what is it?" Shadow asked not opening his eyes "aren't you cold?" Sonic said shadow just shook his head 'no'

But sonic didn't believe it, and he would feel bad if he used it knowing that shadow didn't have one "are you sure?" Sonic said "yes" shadow said "are you positive?" Sonic asked once more" im positive" shadow said getting annoyed as he opened his eyes to see the other hedgehog holding the blanket he had gotten him.

Sonic gave shadow this look that he couldn't explain resulting in him just giving in he wouldn't normally give up this easily but if he didn't accept it then sonic would never stop asking, shadow sighed in defeat as sonic asked the same question again "fine" shadow said rolling his eyes as he fixed the blanket over himself "what about you?" Shadow asked "umm" shadow sighed "you can get in, but your laying at the bottom" shadow said sonic put on this stupid looking smile at least thats how shadow would describe it

Sonic got under the cover getting comfortable until a thought came to his mind "shadow?" Sonic said "hm" Shadow hummed he was laying down with his eyes closed and hands behind his head "are we friends now?" Sonic asked he was nervous about the question without knowing why. But shadow didn't respond "shadow" sonic said again sitting up "are you asleep?" "No" shadow said opening his eyes "then?.." sonic said hoping for an answer "i dont know, maybe?" Shadow said unsure if he should've said more "I'll take that as a yes then" sonic said happily laying back down finally going to sleep.

"Stupid" shadow said but not with hate he wore a small smile as he drifted to sleep too.