𝟎𝟎 - 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ─◌✰್ 𝖼𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝖼𝖺•𝗇𝖺𝗋•𝗒(𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯)/kəˈnerē/ ❝𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗁 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗈𝖽𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗀,𝗍𝗒𝗉𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁-𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗉𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗀𝖾.❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
─◌✰್ 𝖼𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒
𝖼𝖺•𝗇𝖺𝗋•𝗒(𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯)/kəˈnerē/
❝𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗁 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗈𝖽𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗀,𝗍𝗒𝗉𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁-𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗉𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗀𝖾.❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ─◌✰್ 𝖼𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝖼𝖺•𝗇𝖺𝗋•𝗒(𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯)/kəˈnerē/ ❝𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗁 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗈𝖽𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗌𝗈𝗇𝗀,𝗍𝗒𝗉𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁-𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗉𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗀𝖾.❞

"You can date whoever the hell you want, just leave my sister alone!"

Hwang Hyunjin glared at the man standing a mere three feet away from him, his arms crossed over his chest and his hands clenching his forearms so hard, the tendons in his hands strained against the skin.

The man opened his mouth to respond, his cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and irritation. But clearly, he thought better of it, and walked away, shoving his hands into his pockets, before storming out of the beach house, and towards the ocean outside.

You stood on the other side of the door, listening to the entire conversation, your breath catching in your chest with indignation. How dare your older brother speak for you like that! How dare he butt into your love life? You were a grown adult. You didn't need his protection anymore.

Should you go in there and confront him? Yell at him about how you're a "feminist woman" and he can't talk for you?

Yes, you damn well should.

But despite the fury bubbling in your gut, something stopped you from stepping through the door and into Hyunjin's line of fire. Or rather, his rage.

Because part of you wasn't surprised it turned out this way. He'd done this since you entered middle school and a boy snuck a love letter into your locker. He cornered that poor boy at lunch and warned him that if he even tried to touch you, he'd regret it.

You never heard from that boy again. And that was just the beginning.

You supposed this is just how it was going to be, forever. Maybe you should just accept it and move on. You were never going to find a lasting relationship, and that was okay. Right?

But your thoughts were interrupted by commotion in the other room.

"He deserved that," Hyunjin muttered to himself as he shoved chairs out of his way dramatically. "The audacity of him to think he even had a chance. With my little sister! She's not mature enough to even think of having a relationship."

Before you even realized what you were doing, your legs were walking you right through that door and into the room to face Hyunjin.

"I am not too immature to have a relationship!" You marched right over to your brother and glared at him.

For a moment, Hyunjin was speechless. He just stood gaping at you, his hand gripping the back of a chair. He dropped it onto the ground, and returned your glare.

If there was one thing you both shared, it was your stubbornness.

"You were eavesdropping on me??" He exclaimed, coming to stand in front of you.

"I wouldn't have to, if  you'd just say stuff to my face instead of behind my back!" You shot back. "I'm. Not. Immature!"

Hyunjin dragged a hand through his hair in exasperation. "I- Laska, c'mon. You're not even twenty-two yet. You just graduated university. You've got so much more to think about before you should start dating!"

"I can do whatever I want with my life. I've been an adult for years now!" You insisted. "You keep trying to control my life, and I hate it!"

Hyunjin's cheeks flushed. "I'm not controlling your life, I'm making sure you don't make some stupid decisions!"

"And you don't think I can make good decisions myself??" You demanded, daring him to say yes.

"Well, if I'm being honest-" Hyunjin began.

"Oh this'll be good," You placed your hands on your hips expectantly.

"No, I don't think you can make good decisions on your own. Not without my help!"

Your entire body felt like it was on fire as your heart raced so fast you might have passed out with pure humiliation and rage. Thank God it was only you and your brother. Your stupid, ridiculous, insane, brother. How did you get this bad of luck to be stuck with a brother like him?

You opened your mouth to speak, but it was as if the embarrassment of being deemed too immature to have a relationship had rendered you speechless.

All you mustered was, "I'm gonna leave, because if I stay here any longer I might start crying or screaming, and I'm already too embarrassed for that to happen in front of you right now."

And before Hyunjin could say anything, you'd followed the earlier man's footsteps, and raced outside to the ocean.

Mere seconds after you exited the room, someone else entered, not giving Hyunjin a moment's rest. He had bleached blonde hair and a smattering of freckles across his nose, which had become even more apparent from weeks out in the sun. He didn't step further into the room or approach Hyunjin at all. He simply stood by the door, watching the man.

"What do you want, Felix?" Hyunjin let out a sigh of resignation, as if those last two conversations aged him twenty years. "I can't handle much more today."

Felix nodded slowly. "Well then, I'm sorry in advance, but I need to talk to you."

laska's note —
i'm so excited for this fic! i'm trying to write shorter chapters so i can get more updates out for you guys. i've already got the first four chapters planned out and ready to publish after this, so hopefully i can get these out for you and keep up! just a disclaimer, this fic isn't going to be accurate to real life, it's just for fun. so please just enjoy it and don't think too hard about the way i'm portraying them. also, i don't edit any of my chapters so if you find typos or something just ignore them haha... also, let me know what you think is going to happen, because i've got some stuff up my sleeve! love y'all, this is gonna be a fun fic. :)

question of the day —
who is your skz bias and why?

𝖭𝖤𝖷𝖳 𝖴𝖯:
𝟬𝟭 - 𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗱
┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊