Chapter 5

The next day was Friday.

"Yesterday was so hard." Jimin whined in between scenes by the snack table. "We had to cry and scream so much." He giggled.

Jungkook grinned beside him. "I was the best at screaming. To me it was like playing tag." He pretended to run. "Monster don't hurt me!" They all laughed. "What does the monster look like? They said there's a monster in this show but we never see it."

"For this stuff they add it in after." Jesy explained to the newbees. She had a water bottle.

"Oh." Jungkook still appeared confused. "Why?"

Jesy groaned. She drank from her bottle then looked at Leigh-Anne sitting on the floor to the far corner of the gymnasium. This was where they were breaking today.

Jade checked her watch. "Me mam says she'll ask the director how long until our next scene to know if we can go." She said in Jesy's ear.

"Go where?" Perrie ate a cupcake.

Jesy smirked. "We want to go out for ice cream." She felt superior. "Me and Jade planned it because yesterday we found out how mean Leigh-Anne's mum is."

"Her mom is mean?" Taehyung looked at the girl sitting alone. She had been even more distant today. If that's possible.

"Hey we were meant to play together on our game. I brought mine. Jade did she say she wanted to play? Yous didn't even play yesterday." Perrie was a little lost. "Her mam came and she didn't even want to be in the same room as us anymore."

"Because her mom is mean." Jimin tried to put two and two together. "Wait how do you know that?"

Jade was a bit embarrassed to admit but . . . "Jesy and I heard them talking and her mam won't let her see a movie tomorrow. Instead she has to work and it's not fair."

"Oh no." All the kids seemed to understand the severity now.

"That's like in a movie I saw where they made the kids work. It was sad." Perrie didn't see any movie like that. She just wanted to say something.

"Yeah." Jungkook had brought his nintendo switch too. "We're going for ice cream because her mom is mean and won't let her see a movie?"

"It's to make her feel a little better. I don't know." Jesy tried. "It was my idea so she'll like me now." She smiled.

Jade kind of wanted to talk to Leigh-Anne about this first. "I'll go ask her if she wants ice cream okay? Stay here." She started walking but Jesy was behind her. "Wait stay."

"It's my idea so she'll like me."

"She doesn't know about it yet and you're still the person who made her cry so just give her some space okay?" Jade hoped she didn't hurt her feelings.

Jesy scoffed but accepted what Jade said.

Jade walked all the way to Leigh-Anne across the room. "Hi."

Leigh-Anne was stuck on her game.

Jade cleared her throat. Did Leigh-Anne hear her? "Hi Leigh-Anne."

Leigh-Anne paused her game to look at her. "Hi Jade."

"We didn't get to play yesterday." Jade sat beside her.

Leigh-Anne scooted away. "That's true." She seemed a bit cranky. "But it's for the best. You'll distract me."

Jade blinked. "How will me playing with you be more distracting than you playing by yourself?" She couldn't get the conversation she overheard out of her mind.