Chapter 25

The kid's club was lit up for the Jungkook Jeon birthday event!

Jungkook stood against the picture wall at the back with his kingly cape and dazzling crown.

"Look at this little man!" Jungkook's mom was gushing like an excited teenager. "You're so adorable Kookie boy."

Jungkook grinned from ear to ear, loving the compliments. Jimin and Taehyung's moms were here too. The event had not officially started but the place was fired up.

There was a stage set up for karaoke where the DJ sat, a bar with a wide selection of drinks (sodas & juice boxes), a snack table, waiters ready to exit the kitchen with more food, a massive flat screen TV was up on one of the walls with a PS5 and games of all sorts on the centre table- a leather couch was in front of it, music played faintly from the DJ desk and the floors were properly waxed for dancing. A short path lined with stanchions would be the first thing seen by the guests upon entry. Some staff workers in jester costumes would give them a warm welcome.

And of course my favourite spot, the picture wall. A professional photographer was here for that but his mom was just excited.

"Let's take some with all three Hyun. Come on. When the guests come they'll be all over this place." Said Mee with hands on Jimin's shoulders.

Jimin felt rather snazzy in his kingly outfit. Jungkook's is the real deal. Was the younger boy wealthy or something? I will admit he is cute. He was kind of jealous. My mom says I'm cute too but I don't know.

"Oh yes, yes, yes." Hyun told Taehyung and Jimin to join Jungkook against the wall. The background displayed a castle.

Taehyung admired Jungkook's cape. "Truly the man of the hour. You're never this flashy on set." He patted Jungkook's head.

Jungkook's clueless expression returned. "Because it's just ordinary work. Why would I wear my best garments for that?"

Jimin adjusted Jungkook's crown. "They should have given you a throne. Do you like being king?"

"My mother likes it." Jungkook said.

"Boys, pose already. We have five minutes until the guests arrive." Jungkook's mom was holding up her phone.

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook ran towards the stage after taking all the photos.

"You have karaoke, video games, music, food. This is going to be the best party ever!" Jimin spun around. "Can you sing Jungkook? Or did your mother take charge of everything?"

"I can sing very well." Jungkook seemed offended. "You know that. I did Broadway."

"Oh yes he did. Sometimes I forget." Taehyung laughed. "So you'll sing for everyone tonight?"

Jungkook nodded.

"Ooo!" Jimin and Taehyung said together.

Jimin wrapped an arm around the boy. "There should be a singing competition. Everyone coming here will be from a performing arts studio so they'll be talented. Think you can win?"

"Perrie's a really good singer too. I think Leigh-Anne likes to sing too." Taehyung said in thought.

Jungkook shook his head. "The singing will be for fun. We don't want things to get too serious. I am very competitive, you see." He was smiling.

"Fair enough." Jimin would sing too. "I hope I sing as well as everyone else."

"I want to sing Grenade by Bruno Mars. Old song but a classic." Taehyung bounced in place.

"Everyone will get their turn." Jungkook had to be the sensible birthday boy. I will bring order where it isn't.

Just then the first guests seemed to arrive. He saw his mom rushing to welcome them after the jesters did.