Chapter 23

Deidri was not exactly pleased with this arrangement but it would have to do for now. Let's just hope Josh has the balls to do what he needs to when it comes to our child.

She was typing out emails in her office with work piled up that Monday morning.

"Mrs. Pinnock?" Josh's assistant came to the doorway.

"What is it? Make it quick." She muttered.

"I just thought you might be interested in seeing this." He walked up to her desk with his phone and turned the screen towards her face.

The woman groaned but gave it a look.

It seemed as if this was an article. The headline read 'Trouble In Paradise?'. She frowned at the words that followed.

They spoke of rumours about her and her husband arguing on set of Leigh-Anne's new show. "What?" She asked in a low tone.

The assistant pulled the phone back. "Someone on set must have seen something." He was only vaguely aware of what was happening with his ex-boss and the man's wife these days. Wish I could talk to Joshua more. His ex-boss had gone mute on them after visiting Canada. And now his wife is here instead of him. He would truly miss that guy. The wife seemed mean.

"Grr." Deidri picked up her phone to call her husband.

__________________

Jesy had had a great weekend with her friends. She was so grateful for them and their ability to turn all the embarrassment into an inside joke. That whole thing could have easily turned Jesy into a laughing stock but her girls had her back. Actually didn't expect that much from them but they proved themselves.

The fact that things had gone well after the outing fiasco did not make her forget what led to it though. Jade. How dare she? Who told on people at the ripe age of ten years old? I get she was worried but damn. I wouldn't have squealed chicky. It had been forever since someone told on her that way. She forgot how strict her mom could be. She's usually so laid back. Maybe it was because the situation was so sensitive. But damn.

"I'm not strong enough, I'm not cool enough, I'm not . . . this is freaking me out!" Jade was pacing on set.

Jesy got off her bed. "Okay I know this is all scary and you're afraid you might turn into some kind of monster but you need to calm down-"

"Cut." Cooper called.

Jesy put one hand on her hip. "What is it?"

Jade was starting to get worried. They had been doing this scene all morning. "Was I not emoting enough?"

"No you were good but the chemistry feels a little off. Jesy are you angry or something? You're supposed to be the voice of reason to Fiona." Cooper said.

Jesy glanced at the girl. "Right. Sorry. My mind keeps drifting. We can do it again. I promise I'll get it right this time." She tapped her cheeks then hopped up and down.

Jade hoped that what happened on Friday wasn't still bugging her. She knows it was necessary. Jesy probably didn't. She didn't seem like she hated me when I came in this morning.

"Action!"

Jesy walked to the snack table in the warehouse after that was done.

Jimin and Taehyung were now called to set.

"Wish us luck." Taehyung waved before running off.

"Good luck." Leigh-Anne told them. She was having a cupcake with Perrie and Jungkook.