Chapter 11

"It's been so long since I've been on a swing! Weee!" Perrie was trying to go higher than Jade.

"Same here! It's so fun!" Jade laughed heartily while trying to pass Perrie.

"I can go the highest." Perrie said.

"No me." Said Jade, feeling six again.

They both laughed.

This playground was packed with happy children playing on all the different playground rides.

Some used the slides, some spun on spinners, others climbed monkey bars and plenty took to the obstacle course. Parents sat on the sidelines to watch them.

Sairah checked her phone while standing next to a bench where moms spoke casually. It's not that late but I don't like being out this long. What if some sneaky paparazzi guy showed up? Leigh's hat's still on but it can fall off. Especially at a place like here. She did not know what she would do if that happened. I gave them an hour and a half. It's been fifteen minutes. Her eyes set on the tunnel leading to one of the slides which Leigh-Anne had followed Jesy into a while ago.

Leigh-Anne kept her knees to her chest in quiet fright.

Rowdy boys were crawling heavily in front of them, laughing and panting as they moved.

When they got to the other end they took turns sliding before the tunnel was empty once more.

"Don't mind the bad smells." Jesy said.

Leigh-Anne turned to her as the tunnel shook when more kids started climbing to come in.

"Can you smell it?" Jesy wore a cringe.

Leigh-Anne nodded.

"What does it smell like?"

Leigh-Anne took a moment to let the same boys come back in, shaking the tunnel on their way out. "Sweat." The surfaces at this playground were dirty. She could feel gravel on her hands from climbing the ladder. People's feet were all over it. The bottom of their shoes. She would have to take another bath when she got home. A long one. I don't like being wet for too long but I'd have to. She felt a little insane sitting here in all this filth.

Jesy laughed softly. "Yeah. Sweaty nasty boys." She shook along with the tunnel when the same silly boys came in. Ugh. This was becoming annoying. "Oy!" She shouted.

The boys stopped in a line.

"You've used all of your chances here. If you come back again you'll be arrested. Slide down and don't come back." Jesy snapped.

Leigh-Anne watched her with widened eyes.

"What? That can happen?" A boy with brown hair asked. These boys looked about eight or nine.

"Yes." Jesy folded her arms. "Now git!"

They hurriedly slid down and ran to a different part of the playground.

Jesy shook her head. Disgusting. "Anyway," She tried to hold one of Leigh-Anne's hands but they were around her knees. "Can you give me your hand?

Leigh-Anne shook her head.

"Why?"

"I don't want to." Leigh-Anne frowned. "And why should I when you keep opening your big mouth?"

Jesy was taken aback. "Big mouth? What do you-"

Leigh-Anne slapped her shoulder.

"Ah!" Jesy held the burning area. "Hey that really hurt."