Chapter 29

That same night, Joshua was getting ready to appear in a special news interview with his wife. This event was highly anticipated by the masses due to the recent rumours and speculations regarding their marriage.

He sighed after the remainder of his makeup was applied then reflected to himself on everything that led to this moment.

The things she's done are inexcusable but maybe, just maybe if you approach her with empathy, you might be able to help. I mean, she may not show it now but from what you've told us it seems to me as if the love that you two shared was genuine. Yes she's hurt you and the girls and it's rather awful the lengths she's gone to to do that but . . . with the way you've told us she was raised, I wonder if she was even capable of doing any better. You don't have to go along with what I'm saying but please consider seeking help rather than casting her aside. You're likely the only love she's known.

He looked at his reflection and thought of his daughters. After that he thought of his wife. Everything that she did to get them here and how much of a monster she was. I . . . should have been there. Was she a monster or did she just become that because of the circumstance she grew up in? Just like he wanted to save their children, maybe there was a way that he could save his wife too. Save the entire family. From since he was told about the extent of which his wife was abusing everyone, he had felt nothing but anger and hatred towards her. It was completely understandable that he would react that way but now after thinking . . . he was starting to believe that he could approach his spouse a bit differently. 

The man should have stepped back and thought before acting right? Abuse is nothing to sneeze at though. He supposed his reaction was justified but if there was a way to deal with this where everyone could live a better life, then he would rather seek it than any other.

Joshua got up, fixed his suit then walked out of his dressing room.

"Mr. Pinnock?" Asked his makeup artist.

"I'm just going to have a chat with my wife real quick." He went down the hall in search of her dressing room.

The man knocked on the door and waited after finding it.

A woman holding hair spray opened. "Oh. Mr. Pinnock."

"Hi there. Think I could have a private chat with my wife for a moment?" He came in and saw her getting her face touched up.

Deidri gave him a side glance then looked at her reflection.

"If she'd have me?" He tried to catch her eye.

Deidri quietly faced him once more.

The artist and stylist were quiet.

Deidri clasped her hands at her lap. "Why not? Come on in dear." She beckoned for him to enter.

Josh allowed the two other women to step out then closed the door to come inside. "Deidri I've been thinking."

"It's already been decided and we've rehearsed it countless times. We're not changing anything for the interview." She said coldly with eyes averted.

He came to sit in the seat beside her. "Not about that."

The woman looked at him.

Josh was quiet.

Deidri grew impatient. "Are you going to tell me what you've been thinking of? Must be important if it's been in the likes of your head. Since there's usually nothing up there."

He took the insult as it was. "Do you remember the night that you came to me for help? After your dad tried to do that to you because you'd gotten home late after spending the afternoon with me?" He spoke softly.