Chapter 41: Cat play and danger

Cats can live for an amazingly long time considering their small size. In general, smaller mammals have shorter lifespans, but cats are a little different. For example, although cats are smaller than most dogs, they generally live longer. Also, they are only slightly larger than rabbits, yet again live a great deal longer. The average lifespan for a pet cat is probably around 13 to 14 years. However, although their lifespan varies, a well-cared for cat may commonly live to 15 or beyond, some make it to 18 or 20 and a few extraordinary felines even pass 25 or 30 years of age.

Jennie's POV

I was sick for a week. It's the 3rd week when Lisa and I stop seeing each other. I wanted to call, text or talk to her at the office but I wanted to stick to what we agreed to give each other the space and time to think that we need. Especially her, I am sure about her since 1st day and believe me if I say that it didn't change. Even I am tempted to just give up sometimes because I felt like the universe is playing with us.

I got sick. I can't eat well because of no appetite. I was stressed at work and I was overthinking on what will happened to the both of us. I can't imagine life without her. But at the same time, I don't want to be so pushy towards her. If she's no longer happy with not seeing her future with me, I think as early as this I need to be ready.

Most of the time Chaeyoung and Deb will visit me to check on me.

I was feeling okay today and planning to report to work on Monday. I'm planning to go to park later in the afternoon to exercise and release some sweats and fats. I need to maintain this body figure of mine. We might be stressed but we need this self-love that we need.

I was reading a book when I heard a knock.

Lisa's POV:

I went to the grocery store and bought fruits and healthy food. I was in a good mood humming to the song playing on my car's stereo as I drive myself to Jennie's place. It was a 30 minutes' drive. I was smiling ear to ear as I rode the elevator. I'll tell her everything today and will ask her back.

I was in the corridor when I saw a familiar person standing in front of Jen's condo.

It's Deb.

After few minutes, the door swung open and it revealed Jennie. She's smiling as Deb assisted her inside her unit. Am a late?

I froze on the current place where I was standing. Thinking if I shall proceed or not.

Though my feet drag me going back to my car.

I turned on my car's engine. I'll just go home and rest. My moods shift to being blank.

I played a song to somehow distract myself. And the song didn't help:

Two weeks and I wait 'til the feeling hits

Maybe I just haven't let it sink in

For three years we we're living together

Held me like you'd hold me forever

Didn't think that heartbreak would feel like this 

From everything to nothing at all

From every day to never at all

And everyone says that I should be sad

Is it normal that:

I don't feel sorry for myself 

care if your hands touch somebody else