New Possibilities

1 YEAR LATER

-x- Shoto -x-

Shoto hit a growth spurt a few months ago and was much taller than before. He was taller than Touya had been at his age, but not as tall as Natsuo. With the size change, the abilities were much easier to control. He didn't think that size would affect it, he'd assumed it would be puberty. But it wasn't, and here he was laying in the air, levitating just above it and looking at the sky. The air was the softest cushion imaginable, somehow.

Then there was the ability he'd mastered with electricity. He could charge any device just by holding it. He could use a few psychic moved he'd learned from Hero. He wasn't interested in ice powers because he didn't want to steal his siblings' quirks, even if they didn't use them much. Fire was still a no go, as he hated it.

But he was able to levitate, output any electricity he wanted, barely move things with his mind. He could ran fast, but only in very short bursts. He was still able to heal himself and others with Celebi's powers. Shooting bursts of water from his hands was something Mitty loved. So, he was gaining a small arsonal. It was taking a long time to be able to use them, but with the growth spurt, he felt he'd learn faster.

Even though there was a time limit to this, coming closer every year, his power and it's slow build taught him quite a bit of patience. He knew things would come with time, and there was nothing to do about it. Rei thought it was a wonderful thing to have, patience. She and the family besides Touya knew nothing of his hidden quest.

It would stay that way.

"Shoto, Izuku is here," Rei called. Shoto dropped down gracefully, and walked inside to greet his friend. He called him for a reason.

"What's up?"

"Come camping with me and Touya," Shoto said. "It'll be really fun." Izuku recognized the circumstances with only Shoto and Touya going. It was obvious to him that this was not just camping. He agreed instantly. Shoto smiled and the two hurried up the stairs and into Shoto's room. He got the book out. Rei had seen it, but to everyone who knew nothing. It was just a boring story book. It had none of the information to anybody but the two brothers and Izuku.

He asked, "Which are we going after first?"

"Any flying pokemon are a no so far. I can't fly, and they're fast. Arceus recommended either Suicune or Latias. They're the friendliest ones. I want to meet Suicune. The gains I could get from him aren't big, but it's a good way to test how much I can handle right now," Shoto explained. "There's a portal there in Okinawa, and that will take us to where he is. At least where he has been."

"So, we don't know its exact location?" Shoto shook his head. "Sounds fun!" Shoto smiled.

The next day, the three of them had camping supplies in backpacks, and Rei drove them to the right camping area. The portal was near there, but still required a long and arduous hike. There was also the possibility of the location changing, so they had to hurry. Touya was fully on board with the crazy train by now. He was always there for Shoto. And he loved learning alongside Shoto.

Looking at the book, they made sure it was still in the area. Instead of setting up at the camp site, they headed across the street, and began their hike. Envy and Hono were there. Mitty never came on hikes because, despite her being a grass type pokemon, she hated outdoors. So she didn't like going on adventures.

They headed up the mountainous area. Shoto asked pokemon if they knew where the portal was, but he never got a good answer. Never. They were vague, and none guided him there. It was up to luck and navigating skills. Shoto being able to levitate over the area made him able to find places they should avoid terrain wise.