Chalter 12

Amber

After spending last night being awake thinking about life ; my life in general I came to a conclusion that I think would be most appropriate for me and Isaac as well, all I need to do now is talk with him.

I just hope he agrees to it.

"Hey can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him as he got ready for the day whilst I simply sat there on the small couch fidgeting with my fingers.

"No, I'm running late" came his harsh reply.

"Okay" was all I said before standing up and walking away from him as fast as possible. Who does he think he is? If it weren't for the important matter I wanted to discuss with him I would've given him a piece of my mind but I can't, I'll just have to wait for him to come back from office.

After spending yet a another day doing absolutely nothing and getting bored to death I decided to head upstairs after dinner and wait for Isaac to come back.

Ethan has started going to the office with his brother so I was left all alone in this villa for the day, I couldn't step out, I couldn't invite anyone, the only place I was free to go to was either my mother or Phil's and I wasn't in the mood to talk with either of them... it almost felt like I'm a prisoner here.

Ethan came back around 7 and told me that Isaac is stuck with some work so he'll be late. I waited for him to come back from the office like a normal wife would but it was 11pm now and there was still no sign of him, hopeless I changed into my pyjamas and decided to just go to sleep.

I know he's doing it deliberately, it's because I wanted to talk with him that he's not coming back. I know what I need to do tomorrow.

                   -------------------------

It was 7 in the morning when I woke up and saw Isaac sprawled across the bed, I don't have a clue at what time he came back last night but I guess it was pretty late.

Yawning I streched my arms and got up from the horrible couch which will be the death of me someday. I really enjoy Ethan's company here in the villa but I can't wait for him to move out so that I can shift to some other room where I'd be able to sleep peacefully.

Making sure to not make much noise I basically tip toed towards the closet, got a new set of clothes and started getting ready for the day and by the time I came back from the bathroom Isaac was sitting upright with his head resting against the headboard, he seemed a little too gloomy today.

God I really hate how uncomfortable and uneasy it gets between us in the mornings, watching each other getting ready for the day like we're a real couple and being complete strangers to each other at the same time isn't something I'm a big fan of.

Deciding to take this opportunity now that he's finally home and we're alone I opened my mouth without giving it much thought.

"I'll divorce you"

"What?" he turned his face to look at me, the shock was quite evident on his face.

"But-" he didn't let me finish and opened his opinionated mouth "Yea right, I know, tell me how much do you want?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't act so innocent, just tell me the amount which you'll be demanding in order to divorce me" he said with a wave of his hand like he knows it all.

"You're a horrible person Isaac, I don't need your fucking money!" I exclaimed raising my voice a little but then remembered that getting angry would only worsen the situation.

"I mean I don't want anything in return, hear me out and then decide what you'd like to do" I stated resuming back my calmness.

He rose from the bed and I had to look away as the only piece of clothing he had on were a pair of shorts, I'm sure he could see my cheeks turning red.

"So, what is it that you have in your mind?" he asked and I turned my face to look at him, he was standing right infront of me now and it was kind of intimidating.

Focus Amber, focus!

"I thought about it you know, the situation that we're in, and I realised that it's not good for you or me to be in it unwillingly" I explained.

"Just get straight to the point" he said in an irritated tone, his breath fanning my face and making me even more nervous but it's now or never.

"I'm ready to divorce you, I'll be the one to propose it, I'll tell everyone that it's me, it's my fault that I couldn't really settle down with you, and I don't want or need a single penny from you" I sighed heavily before continuing... having him stand right infront of me made me quite nervous.

"It's just that- it's... well, let's fake it for atleast six more months please"

"Why?" he questioned, I could see the suspicion in his blue eyes.

"Because I don't want to disappoint my mother, she's so proud of me, and I also wouldn't want to let Phil down because he chose me : a commoner to be his daughter-in-law only because he believed in me and I can't imagine how he'd feel if he sees me divorcing you within the first few weeks of our marriage" I finally said and waited for his reaction.

He looked at me with so much intensity, it made me feel quite vulnerable "Is that all? Why did you even say yes to the marriage in the first place then?" he asked a little curious.

I took in a long breath.

"Because it's something my father and your father had wished for, don't you know about it?" I asked him back and he shook his head no... wow he doesn't know that his father decided to make me his daughter-in-law when I was just a little kid.

I rolled my eyes at him because I don't believe that he didn't know about this arrangement between our parents.

"I honestly don't believe that you never knew about this but here's the shorter version of it, your dad and my dad were best friends and they thought about this arrangement a long time ago but I refused to get married to you since I was with Tyler, but after Tyler's death my father thought I was open to the idea of marrying you when in reality I wasn't but-" I stopped mid sentence as memories of that particular day flashed back in my mind.