Chapter 28: A Little Bit of Wine and a Little Bit of Love

That evening...

I sat on the couch with a glass of wine, Elijah coming over shortly after and sitting down next to me.

'You knew Josephine would like Gia,' I said softly.

'I did. As I explained to her, if Josephine knew Gia was coming with us, we would have never gotten in the door. You were most wonderful today, darling.'

'Thank you. You weren't so bad yourself, Mr. Lucky Charm.' He raised his eyebrows with a soft smile.

'Mr. Lucky Charm? That's new.' We both laughed. After a while, he gently stroked my cheek, looking into my eyes. 'This is nice, isn't it?'

'Yeah. Whole place to ourselves, it's really nice. Just like the apartment back in Mystic Falls.'

'And then I had you move into the Mikaelson home for the ball and then a little bit after?'

'You did, and then everything happened with the baby vampires and the Gilbert girl slash Petrova doppelganger, and then the cure.'

'You know, I never fully apologised to you for what happened with Katerina.'

'That's long gone, Elijah. We needn't dwell on past sins. We're here now, and that's what matters.'

'Yes... I'm here now, with you.' He kissed me softly. 'I missed this. Us.'

'Me too. But now,' I said, placing my wine glass on the table, 'we've got all the time in the world.' I kissed him again, and clambered onto his lap. He gently grasped my face and kissed me once more, and I undid his tie and unbuttoned his shirt, discarding it on the floor. I pulled off my sleep shirt as well, and kissed him once again. He pulled me down onto the couch, and I wrapped my legs around him as we continued to kiss.

Hours later, Elijah laid awake on the hardwood floor. Lilliana was curled up on his chest, snoring softly. The two were covered haphazardly with several blankets. Slowly, he sat up, moving Lilliana softly, then wrapping her in a blanket and carrying her over to the bed, laying her down, then climbing in the bed next to me, letting me lie on his chest again. She stirred slightly, snuggling next to him comfortably as Elijah closed his eyes again, allowing the events of the day and his girl by his side to pull him into an easy slumber.