Chapter 34: The Ever-Continuing Art of Persuasion For A Very Stubborn Brother

Klaus walked through the streets when Elijah and I began walking alongside him, Elijah on his right and I on his left.

'Your transparent attempts to therapise me have failed, brother. I suggest you allow me to make my way home in peace.'

'Enough with the games, Niklaus. Now is not the time,' Elijah replied. 'Must I beseech you to stand with us?'

'If by "us", you mean you, Lilliana and Freya, then I will not be standing with you.'

'She is the best chance we have to save your child,' I said.

'Yes, Lilliana, my child, which is why although she feigns innocence, I can't help but recall it was Freya who led our lunatic brother Finn to the safe house, where he would have done God knows what if you and Elijah had not intervented.'

'I was a breath away from taking your life,' Elijah replied, the two of us stopping Klaus. 'Just a few short years ago, when you broke your curse, I held your beating heart in my hand. Do you recall that, Niklaus? And yet, here we are, still alive, still family. Now, we need her, Niklaus. Freya is our family. If you cannot see the greater picture here -'

'You see only the next curve in the road. I am looking from above. Freya gave herself away when she complained of our single weapon to kill Dahlia,' Klaus snapped. 'Now, I know that there is a way to defeat our hated enemy without her.'

'So enlighten me, and I will do everything in my power to help you,' Elijah replied. 'We will do everything in our power to help you,' he added.

'Forsake Freya, and I will let you in.'

'Niklaus, this is insane. Hope is also my family. Now if you continue to walk this path, you will lead her to harm. And do understand me when I say this to you - I will do whatever it takes to prevent this.'

'So will I,' Klaus said. 'So the choice remains yours, brother - Freya or me.'