Chapter 12 - Don't tell Alex

Hello! Extra special reminder for this chapter: Alex and Liz DO NOT end up together in this book.

Also some context for this chapter and the next chapter: When this was written, Queen Elizabeth II was still alive so just go with it😭.

Enjoy!

"You ready to go, Monkey?" George asked as he crouched before my daughter

Maxine jumped up and down, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I knew she couldn't wait to spend time with George today and vice versa. They were going to the zoo after George declared that he wanted a day alone with my little girl for some 'Uncle and Niece bonding'.

I had never rolled my eyes harder.

I looked at George who rose from his crouched position and I stood next to my daughter as she hugged my leg.

I raised an eyebrow at him and as I opened my mouth to speak he cut me off.

"I know what you're about to say, Alex and no. I don't need rules." He rolled his eyes.

I narrowed my eyes, "Yes, you do. Firstly, do not let her run off," I looked down at Maxine, "That goes for you too, sweetheart. You stay by your Uncle's side all day, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy," She shot me her shiniest grin with two thumbs up.

I smiled softly. Adorable.

I looked at George and my smile dropped, "Make sure she eats a filling, nutritional meal there, not some sugary crap that's going to mess with her dinner and my sleep,"

Maxine is already a hyper child, when she gets sugar in her system, I don't sleep for days.

He laughed, "I promise. I've got this,"

"Hmm," I expressed doubtfully, "I swear to God, if there's even one curl on her head out of place, I will," I covered Maxine's ears whilst she looked up at me innocently, "Kill you." I let go of her ears.

"Don't be annoying, Alex. The monkey and I are going to have an amazing time, isn't that right, love?"

"Mhm! I wanna pet the lions and giraffes and make friends!" She exclaimed.

I covered her ears again, "Do not let her get too close with the animals. Lord knows she'll actually befriend one and end up on the other side of the fence with them."

He rolled his eyes, "I'm not an idiot, Alex. I know what I'm doing. Trust me." He almost pleaded.

I sighed from my nose, "I trust you," I nodded at him.

I bent down to my daughter's level,
"You ready to go then, sweetheart?"

"Yes, Daddy! I wanna go now!" She was ready to bolt out the door and to the zoo.