Chapter 16 - Scars

TW: Themes of child abuse in this chapter

TW: Themes of child abuse in this chapter. Please do not read if you are uncomfortable.

"I want her expelled. No further questions."

Adam Reid scoffed from beside me. I did my best to not throw him against a wall and show him hell.

"No. Absolutely not. She needs to go to this school, please Gerald." He begged the headteacher of Maxine's school.

"She can't go to another one?" George rolled his eyes.

He sat next to me, whilst Adam Reid and his wife sat on the other side of the room, in front of Gerald Burton, Maxine's headteacher.

Adam and his wife dared to plead for their daughter to stay at the school after what the spawn of satan did to my little girl? Fuck. That.

"I will have to agree with Mr Stone, Melissa's actions towards Ma-" I gave him a look. Address her with respect. "-Miss Stone," He corrected himself, swallowing tightly. "Were cruel and malicious, I suggest she attend behavioural therapy. I know she is only four, but this behaviour at a young age leads to a dangerous path."

"My daughter does not need therapy!" Adam's wife, Isabella yelled. God, I hated that woman. Insufferable.

"It's either she attends the behavioural therapy or she is to be excluded permanently as the board says."

I gritted my teeth, "She should already be excluded permanently, Gerald. Fuck the board."

I don't know why we were still having this conversation.

"That's not going to happen, Alex," Adam said, a knowing smirk on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I should slap that smug smile off his stupid face.

"I-I am afraid what Mr Reid is saying is true, Mr Stone." Gerald stammered nervously and I snapped my head at him.

"What?" I glanced at George who looked as puzzled as I did.

Gerald gulped, "Your...uh...parents, Mr and Mrs Jane and Richard Stone, have joined the board and they vetoed your request to suspend Melissa."

My parents. The fuck.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I grunted. This couldn't be true.

They were slowly creeping into my daughter's life and in this moment, I felt I was losing the battle for vengeance.

"It's true, Stone. I pulled some strings to get your parents on the board and their votes plus mine outweigh yours." Reid smirked and leaned closer, "I win."