~1~

"That could have gone better" Dazai commented for what felt like the hundredth time, walking into Chuuya's apartment. After all the times Dazai has stayed over, he's basically moved in. "well you're not the one actually fighting genius, I'm the one actually doing all the hard work!" Chuuya declared with an annoyed huff.

They had just come back from a mission. A difficult one, both mentally and physically.

Chuuya had used corruption that night and was still feeling the after effects of it. Mainly just clinging to his partner for some sort of stable footing.

"yeah, well I not only had to find their base of operations, but I also had to work with you." Dazai said dramatically, putting Chuuya on the couch and heading to the bathroom to get the first ait kit. Re-emerging a few seconds later sitting in front of the couch facing Chuuya.

"piss off, like you're any better-" was all the red head could get out before coughing up a bit more blood. His corruped state usually left his body in shambles for a while. (which he definitely hated more than anything)

"oh hush now Chibi! I'm here to mwake you feew aaww bweta" Dazai mocked getting out a piece of cotton and putting a disinfectant on it. "after all, who else would! You're so unpleasant to be around!" he giggled to himself and was met with a dissatisfied glare.

"now this may sting a bit!" was all Dazai said before dabbing the cotton on one of Chuuya's injuries of the night. Next to the pain he'd been feeling after corruption, the sting felt like nothing.

"you know, I don't like having to work corruption into my mission plans" Dazai whispered lowly after a while. "I know you like it even less" he added. Chuuya just stared at him, somehow still impressed that Dazai could read him so well.

"you gotta do what you gotta do" Chuuya attempted, not sure what else to say. There was silence. Not an uncomfortable one, more an understanding silence.

After Dazai cleaned Chuuya's wounds he gave Chuuya a once over and got up flicking his partners nose. "I don't know about you, but I feel disgusting, have fun sitting in your own filth! I'm gonna have a shower" Dazai said cheerfully and left towards the bathroom again.

Chuuya genuinely thought that once Dazai turned 18 that he'd be more mature, but that hadn't seemed to be the case. Somehow being even more annoying with the addition of being legal drinking age. Though that never stopped him before.

Chuuya layed there in the silence and closed his eyes.

God he really was tired.

~~~~~

A clean and newly wrapped up Dazai appeared from the bathroom a while later. "Chibi! I've decided to-" he stopped himself seeing the red head now fast asleep on the couch.

This wasn't a strange sight for Dazai, it was actually quite common. Though it usually happened after Chuuya came back from the bar at 2am, wasted.

"silly Chuuya" he whispered to himself. He quickly put a blanket over the other man and scribbled on a note:"sleep tight beauty! I went to Lupin with Oda and Ango, should be back at 1am latest!" and quietly left to said location.

~~~~~

Lupin was a very hidden place. You had to know it was there to find it, though the red sign made it a bit more obvious. That's probably why the trio liked it so much.

"and that's when he absolutely destroyed it! The base was just a pile of rocks by the end!" Dazai exclaimed excitedly to his friends. "you should be more careful when using his ability, Dazai" Ango commented. He seemed to always worry for Chuuya's safety when it comes to missions.

"he's fine, I'm sure he can handle it" Oda said calmly, taking a sip of his drink.

They had all decided to meet here after Dazai's mission. They hadn't had the chance to for a while due to work. Speaking of which. "how's it going with the investigation?" Dazai inquired, suddenly more focused instead of joking. "well, we've located their base, we also got their name from a spy we questioned" Oda said. "mimic" he added after another sip.

"ah, have you gather a team to infiltrate their HQ?" Dazai asked. "or will you need me to discuss it with Mori?" he added, a darker tone escaping him at the mention of the Boss's name.

"nah. I've got it sorted" Oda replied. He had been investigating the enemy organisation's for the past 2 weeks now.

The topic was dropped in favor of a more light hearted one and ordering another whiskey for each person.

It was a lovely night that night. Chatting with his friends about everything and nothing was all Dazai wanted to do after a long, boring week. This night would stay in his memories for a long time, the sight of Ango arguing with Odasaku who was apparently unfit to drive and the small smile on Odas face. God this was a good day.

~~~~~..

Ayyy, that's the 1st chapter. Hope it was decent, tho I did write this at 11pm.

870 - words