~14~

The day had gone by like any other day. Annoying each other, finishing up some work via their (basically just Chuuya's) laptops and lazing around. The plan was to head to the location at nightfall, so around 6pm which was soon.

"Remember, you don't do anything until I give you the command, ok?" Dazai reiterated for what felt like the thousandth time looking Chuuya dead in the eye. They were currently in their transport vehicle heading to the warehouse they were on set to decimate. " Yes yes, now shut up. I've got the plan. Go in, locate the main base and new leader and fuck shit up" Chuuya said with a smirk while crossing his arms. Dazai sighed "close enough"

Once they arriveed at their location, Dazai gave Chuuya one final look at stepped out of the car. There was an understanding between the two that this would be their final double black mission for the port mafia. It felt almost like a daydream but they still had the mission to finish so they readjusted their earpieces and headed towards the building quickly and quietly.

Though it never seemed it, they worked together well, to well. They could seemingly read each other's thoughts without even being able to see each other and predict each other's moves way before hand. That's what made them such good partners.

Dazai's main job was to locate the main facility and direct Chuuya there so he could destroy it. While he does that, Chuuya was to stay out of too much trouble and wait for the command but was still in charge of the extra forces that would "collect" the survivers.

Dazai moved around skillfully peeking in on different warehouses through the windows. The entire lot seemed to be abandoned and in horrible condition, which would be a good cover up for illegal activities but something seemed off. "Chuuya, don't you think it's a bit strange how empty it is?" he asked pressing his fingers to the device in his ear. "yeah, I've only taken out like, what, 7 guards? Didn't Mori say these fucks regrouped heavily?" Chuuya questioned in a whisper. "yeah, head deeper into the lot, I'll meet you" Dazai ordered and headed in the appropriate direction. "rodger" Chuuya replied doing the same.

On his way, Dazai could hear distant chatter. He quickly stopped moving and listened in closer. "yeah, boss wanted those documents, like, yesterday. You ought to give it to him directly and hope he doesn't kill ya" a man said in the distance. "damn, I'll get goin then, good luck with the watch. I heard that some port mafia might come tonight but you didn't hear it from me" the other man said in a hushed tone that Dazai almost missed. "yeah, as if they'd already know about the regroup" the first man laughed. Dazai heard as the second man ran off to presumably the boss. Assuming the discussion was over, he decided to follow him.

"Chuuya, I'm gonna be a bit, I might have found their ring leader" he explained in bearly even a whisper. "ok, I'll see you when I do" Chuuya replied and huffed. He was obviously getting bored of the stealth. He never was the one for calm battles, more of a fighter was he.

Dazai proceeded to follow the man to a warehouse he had previously checked in but apparently he had missed the secret entrance to a more lavish looking room. After he watched the man enter, he waited a few seconds before entering, himself. It was a mostly empty hallway with a few doors on either sides of the room.

They really gave a new definition to working underground.

He saw the man briefly, proceeding further away to the other end of the hall. Dazai continued following the man until they were both back outside. Dazai hid behind a nearby bush while watching the man as he entered a car and drove off.

Damn. Dazai had this worry in the back of his mind. This wasn't their main base of operation, probably more of a diversion. "Chuuya, this isn't the place" Dazai said angerly while standing back up and rubbing his nose bridge. There was silence. "Chuuya?" he tried again. "damn it" he whispered to himself. The other was most likely at their last minute rendezvous point so that's where he was heading.