XXI

Julian

"Ma!" I exclaimed as I walked into her house. Jesus, every time I come over I get flashbacks of high school. I hate it here.

I'm here to see my mom, just to see her and do some catching up. She really hasn't been talking to me much ever since she found out about everything.

"Living room." She said.

I walked into the living room and sat down across from her. She was watching Steve Wilkos with a glass of wine in hand. I took a deep breath then sat back.

"How are you mom?" I asked.

"Good."

"Are you gonna be an adult and talk to me?"

"Julian I can't even look at you, you're not the boy I raised."

"I'm a grown man."

"But why not just let Sinead go? Why put her through all the pain and suffering? Why string her along?"

"Mom I don't know, I loved Sinead but our time apart didn't make the heart grow fonder, it made me lose interest."

"So why get her pregnant? Why waste five years of the poor girl's life Julian?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Cause you're fucking selfish, that's why."

"No."

"Yes! You wanted the best of both worlds! You didn't expect for Sinead to come back but she did and she came back pregnant! Ruined your whole game and you had to choose one."

"And I picked Joanie."

"So why do you still harass Sinead?"

"What?"

She chuckled then took a sip of wine. She glances over at me, "You think I didn't know? I talk to Sinead, so why do you harass her?"

"I didn't."

"Oh wait no I know why... You can't live with the fact that instead of being depressed and begging for you back, she moved on, found love, and is at peace. You're trying to make her life a living hell, but you're dumb. I know Jesse's mother and father, and those are people you do not want to mess with, you think we got connections? Honey, you life will turn to shit and I'm not helping you."

"What connections?"

"You wanna find out? Keep on doing what the fuck you're doing."

"Why are you not on my side?"

"You are wrong in this whole thing, you're not a good person. I love you to death, you and your siblings are my world, but I did not raise you to be a shitty person and I will not enable your behavior."

"So what do you want me to do mom?"

"I can't tell you what to do, but my advice to you would be to reach out to Sinead with a sincere apology and come to co-parenting terms but if you don't make things right and give her closure, I don't want shit to do with you and you can give me my company back."

I nod, "Do you want to meet Julianna?"

"Of course I want to meet my grand baby, she doesn't deserve to be alienated from us, don't bring Joanie into my home though."

"Okay."

I give her a kiss on the cheek then said my goodbye. Everything she said was so true, I have to make things right. I want to become a better person. I got a plan, I just need help on how I can carry that out actually.