The Beginning

"You can't hold us hostage, Jennine." Jack Kang says as all the leaders try, and fail, to leave a monthly meeting.

"As it would turn out, I can. I need assistance with an experiment and you are all the perfect candidates."

"And what makes you think we'll be your lab rats?" Marcus Eaton demands.

"It will be quite enjoyable on your parts. Once completed, I will remove the traces from within the women and then you can go about your ways." Jennine says. Max narrows his eyes dangerously.

"Remove what traces from within the women?" He asks.

"Birthing rates are at an all time low. My team and I have created a serum that is not only a temporary aphrodisiac, but a temporary fertility serum."

"I have a wife!" Both Andrew and Marcus burst out in unison.

"And I said that the traces will be removed."

"You're just going to get rid of the fertilized embryos as soon as you are aware they're viable even though your goal is to help create life?" Johanna Reyes asks.

"Should the serum be successful then more can, and will, be fertilized." Jennine says.

"Am I the only one calling bullshit?" Veronica asks of the room, gaining several head shakes.

"I will also be participating in the experiment." Jennine says, ignoring the statement. When no one says anything she looks up from her tablet. "The building is on lock down. No one is leaving until the experiment is finished."

"So we all get laid, half of us knocked up, just because you're horny?" A Candor leader named Claudia asks bitterly, arms crossed.

"And what about those of us in a committed relationship?" Andrew asks.

"I know you and I have never gotten along, Jennine-"

"This goes beyond any previous rivalry, Marcus. Besides, you'd be matched with Veronica." Jennine snaps.

"What?" They ask in unison.

"Max with Claudia, Jack with Johanna, and I'll be with Andrew."

"What the fuck?" Max asks in horror.

"No offense, Johanna- and I don't know about any of you-but I have never been less horny in my entire life." Jack says and several of the others snort in amusement due to his bluntness and slightly crass delivery.

"I feel the exact same way." Johanna says.

"Good. That will test the aphrodisiac in the serum." Jennine says.

"I want to watch the embryo be destroyed." Max growls. "I don't trust what you could do with them even if I have no idea what that would be."

"Fine. Shall we get on with it?" Jennine says.

Once every leader and their partner is in their assigned room Jennine hands them the serum. Jennine goes to her room where Andrew is waiting, fire in his eyes.

"Are you ready, Andrew?"

"If you kill my child I will hunt you down and kill you without an ounce of regret or guilt. If I don't raise the child, fine, but you will not kill it. You will take responsibility for your actions and raise the child. Understood?" He all but growls at her. Jennine looks at him in shock.

"I would think you would want the child gone due to Natalie."

"I will have Marcus help me explain this all to Natalie, but you are not killing off an innocent. The others may not feel that getting rid of the traces are murder, but I am not everyone else."