Coming To

POV Rosalie

The first thing I register is that I really have to pee. I stretch and open my eyes to see Miles sleeping peacefully underneath me. I quietly get up, grabbing his hastily discarded shirt to put on, and go to the side bathroom I'd noticed during one of the breathers we'd needed. It was seven days!

When I walk out I see Miles all but pouting on the bed.

"That's attractive." I tease.

"You left. And you're wearing clothes again." He complains and I laugh.

"I had to use the restroom."

"Off." He says, removing his shirt from my body. "I love seeing you in my clothes, but I like you in nothing at all even more."

"You are such a horny boy."

"Only for you, baby." He agrees, pulling me so we're lying back on the bed, my back to his chest. "Are you feeling okay?"

"A bit sore, but a good sore. And-this is going to sound crazy-but there's this voice in my head that reminds me a lot of Lucy." I say and Miles chuckles.

"That's your omega. When I get bored I zone out and have full conversations with my alpha, just for the hell of it."

"How often did that happen in school?"

"I spent at least half the day talking to him." Miles admits and I laugh. "What do you remember, baby?"

"That I thought you would rather die than worry about me, but you don't think that and that you would claim me during my heat and then a lot of sex."

"Sounds about right. I had to use my alpha voice to get you to hear me out. I'm not sorry I did it because it kept you alive, but I never wanted to use it on you."

"I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing for? Your body was reacting naturally. As your mate, it's my job to take care of you."

"What happened to partnership?"

"Oh, it's still a partnership, but I still have the instinct to look after you." Miles says. I hum in contentment as Miles strokes my arms. "We need to talk about our mating and you being an omega."

"I need to get on birth control."

"About that..." Miles says before leaning forward to the side table to grab something which bends me over. I hands me the paper and leans back again.

"The shot?"

"Mom likes covering her bases." Miles says with a shrug.

"No kidding." I say, reading over the papers that I was handed. "In three months I get another dose and we're good?"

"That's my understanding." Miles confirms. I put the papers back and get comfortable again.

"Okay, so you were saying?"

"Right, our mating. So now that you are officially mine in everyway that matters your omega is going to be able to communicate to my alpha."

"But aren't they a part of us?"

"Yes."

"So we'll be able to talk to each other in our heads?"

"Yes."

"So my omega and your alpha are like private phones that only call one person?"

"Yes. I'm not sure the full effect of it, but we can explore that later."

"I have a question."

"Shoot."

"After initiation."

"Right. Jobs. Well, I'd only stop worrying if you were tucked away in a room somewhere. You wouldn't even get a book because you might hurt yourself on the book, so it's kind of a 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' thing."