Chapter 7 Part 2: Confessions

(Previously, in Close To Me......
Brianna eventually arrived at Shaun's place and it was raining a lot and so she braced herself and got out of her car and locked it up and ran to the front door of Shaun's place and knocked on the front door.)

Shaun was sat on his couch with his head in one hand as he kept running the image of seeing the guy at the club with his arm around Brianna.
It was then that he realised that he wasn't just fond of Brianna who is one of his sister's best friends, but over time, he had fallen in love with her.

He thinks that he's already lost in love to somebody else, but little did he know that he couldn't be any further from the truth and as the rain is heavily coming down outside, he hears a knock at the door.

Shaun: go away !

He heard the knock at the door again, and so he rolled his eyes and grumbled as he got up off the couch as he thought to himself "I'm really not in the mood for visitors".

Shaun got to the door and he opened it to see that it was Brianna who was stood in front of him completely soaked through from the rain and with tears in her eyes.
He noticed that what was happening right now was very similar to the dream that he has had before where she would show up at his door in the rain.

Brianna: hi.

Shaun: hi, come in.

Shaun saw that Brianna was completely soaked through and he immediately let Brianna inside his house and then he shut the door.
Shaun momentarily forgot about the guy at the bar and all he was concerned about was making sure that Brianna didn't get sick from being out in the rain.

Shaun: wait here, I'll get you a towel.

Shaun quickly went upstairs and grabbed a towel and he decided start the shower running for her and he found some sweatpants and a sweatshirt that she could wear and he put them in the bathroom for her and then he took the towel and went back downstairs and gave Brianna the towel.

Shaun: here.

Brianna: thanks Shaun.

Shaun: I've started the shower for you.

Brianna: I don't want to be a bother and besides, there's something that i need to talk to you about.

That sinking feeling came back for Shaun as he thought that Brianna came here to tell him about the guy at the club but he decided that her well-being was more important and so he told her to go and have a shower so that she could get warm and comfortable.

Shaun: it's fine, the water is running, and there's some clothes for you to wear afterwards.

Brianna: are you sure ? You don't have to do this you know.

Shaun: you'll get sick if you don't warm up, and besides, I'd be an arsehole for letting you get soaked in the rain and get sick because of it.

Brianna: thank you Shaun.

Shaun didn't look her in the eyes, but he noticed that one of her hands was red as she went upstairs and she had a look of confusion on her face because he wouldn't look her in the eyes as she went upstairs but little did she know at the time, all would become clear.

While Brianna was having a shower, Shaun was preparing himself for what he thought was going to happen.
He kept thinking about what he thought that Brianna was going to say to him, he kept thinking of the ways that she could tell him about the guy at the club, his mind was all over the place.

Then, when Brianna was out of the shower, she got changed into the sweatshirt and sweatpants that Shaun gave to her to wear as her clothes were soaked through due to the heavy rain.
She then made her way downstairs and saw Shaun was deep in his thoughts and she was curious as to what he was thinking about.